2012 Ford Nationals Carlisle

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mrbill4

Reaction score
My Car
1973 Mach 1
Since I just registered for the Ford Nationals at Carlisle this year (my first time lol), I was wondering if anyone else is planning on going this year. I'll be there as long as it doesn't rain lol....Hope to get to meet some of you and see you cars. Bill

I am going to try and make it as long as work permits. I havent been there for 2 years. last time I went we pre-registed and they picked my 71 and my parents 66 for a display they set up. They had 1 mustang from every year lined up. It was really neat to see the evolution of the mustang right in front of you. Unfortunetly my car broke a rocker arm and trashed a valve the day before we left for carlisle. so my car didnt make it in the display but atleast my parents 66 did, which was pretty cool. So hopefully make it this year!!!

Kevin

Great........then it looks like I'll finally get to meet some of you from this site......most of the time I'm the only one with a 71-73 Mach at the local shows except ones like CJ's customer appreciation day or the big mustang show at Kimberton, Pa.......Jeff, hope you can make it as well

I've gone last 2 years with my son and his Marauder Club group. My car wasn't together yet. Not sure if I trust the 3 hour drive. I will be there but not sure with my Mustang.

Alan L.
come on Alan, you will never know if you dont try it. Worse thing that can happen is you break down. Go for it:D

I've gone last 2 years with my son and his Marauder Club group. My car wasn't together yet. Not sure if I trust the 3 hour drive. I will be there but not sure with my Mustang.

Alan L.
come on Alan, you will never know if you dont try it. Worse thing that can happen is you break down. Go for it:D
+1 come on Allen, you're "not2old" to give it a try:D

Great........then it looks like I'll finally get to meet some of you from this site......most of the time I'm the only one with a 71-73 Mach at the local shows except ones like CJ's customer appreciation day or the big mustang show at Kimberton, Pa.......Jeff, hope you can make it as well

Carlisle is on my must attend list but that is the same time as Power Tour. I hope to make at least a couple of legs this year.

Carlisle2002.JPG[attachment=8869]Leaving tonight driving in the 2004 Mach1 for the Pony Trails and swap meet. I'll come back tomorrow night and go back up Saturday morning in the 72 sprint for the show. And If premium gas suddenly drops to $2 a gallon I might take the 72 Mach1 up Sunday for the autocross. I have not missed a single year. Here's a picture from 2002.[attachment=8869]

Last edited by a moderator:
Leaving tonight driving in the 2004 Mach1 for the Pony Trails and swap meet. I'll come back tomorrow night and go back up Saturday morning in the 72 sprint for the show. And If premium gas suddenly drops to $2 a gallon I might take the 72 Mach1 up Sunday for the autocross. I have not missed a single year. Here's a picture from 2002.
First of all, nice car!! Bring your rain gear, I hate to say it but the forecast doesn't look to great.....I'm hoping it doesn't rain for sat or I'll only be a spectator......I used to go to Pony Trails with my 07 until a couple of years ago I pull out of CJ's, catch the first red traffic light, here screaming brakes & some jerk from Jersey in a blue stang ends up on the side of the road alongside my left side....I haven't been back since lol....hope to see you at the Nationals

I am going to go on Sunday. I am leaving tomorrow early am and going to York,Pa for the Street Rod Nationals with my 30 Ford model A (351 cleveland power) and will leave early sunday to go to Carlisle.

See you there !!

Thanks, Jay

I did the Pony Trails today (in the 2004 Mach1) and will take the 72 sprint tomorrow morning. It rained most of the way back this afternoon. It's only two hours away so no biggie going back and forth.

I was there today! Only saw 5 or 6 of the 71/73's.

Saw lots and lots of 90's to late models though.

Was talking to a guy who was restoring a 72 conv with 351 and a 4 speed.

Forgot to ask if he was a member dammit!

Attended sat and was fortunate enough to meet VAMach.....no way was I going on friday with that weather forecast ......on sat there were 8 Mach's including me......one of them, I guy from Jeanette, Pa owned his from new(a yellow one in very good shape) .......some jerk from New York parked his F150 supercab right in the middle of our class & didn't move it for the entire day......wouldn't have been so bad, but when I arrived the spot for our class was a swamp & of course he was parked in the only dry spot on gravel.....typical of people today thinking rules are made up for everybody but them, or maybe I'm just too old.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back