Let there be light....! (Great score)

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

luxstang

Reaction score
My Car
1972 Mustang Convertible
I scored an old "FORD" neon sign that now adorns the wall of my garage.

I had to drive 840 miles to pick it up and bring it home but it was worth it.

The sign is 160 cm (63 inches) wide and 81 cm (32 inches) high. You can tell its size by the Mustang in the background.

The white ring and the "FORD" script´s letters are raised and the blue is on the inside of the glass which mackes an ineresting kinda 3D effect. The black flaws rubbed out with a standart polish, I took the pics before I cleaned it.

In the other pic, it looks a little small on the wall but that is because of the wide angle lens of the iPhone.

The good thing is, that I no longer need a light when I´m working under the hood. (Strategically mounted! :D )

The garage looks a mess but I had to relocate a lotta things fast because I had to remove some shelves to make room for the shelf, so cleaning the garage is my weekend project now...

IMG_1751.JPG

IMG_1754.JPG

IMG_1755.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
That is a score!! got a old sweet napa neon with a built in clock....But some idiot stuck peavy stickers over where it says..Napa!!..lol
Now, who would do such a thing?!? :)

By the way, I have decided that I will connect it to the garage door motor, so when I open and close the door, the sign will come on. That way it serves a purpose besides looking cool. :)

Im innocent of this one!!...lol..I dont know who stuck the stickers on it..Cause i didnt have a peavy amp back then..I was still packing a old fender M80..lol

Im innocent of this one!!...lol..I dont know who stuck the stickers on it..Cause i didnt have a peavy amp back then..I was still packing a old fender M80..lol
I played a gig with one of those Fenders... I wanted to buy it afterwards. Fun amp.

Funny thing, I just found this in one of the polish newspapers I read:

Dealship Ford zgłaszane jest to duży znak front sklepu brakuje w weekend. Policja rozpatruje sklepu System zapobiegający nagrywał też na video kradzieży uwierzyć żółty cabrio z czarnej górze jest zaangażowana. Pytają publiczności pomoc w zlokalizowaniu kierowcę żółtego Mustanga na przesłuchanie.

For those that don't read Polish:

Dealship Ford reported it is a large store front sign missing at the weekend. Police examine the catalog system to prevent videotaping theft yellow believe convertible with black top is involved. They are asking the public assistance in locating the driver of a yellow Mustang for a hearing.

I love the translation.

Coincidence? I don't think so....

By the way, I have decided that I will connect it to the garage door motor, so when I open and close the door, the sign will come on. That way it serves a purpose besides looking cool. :)
I thought you guys in Europe were starving for electricity and getting drowned by the ocean's because of global warming.

Is the press over here just pulling our leg? Or, is it just the guys with Mustangs polluting the air and warming the earth?

I played a gig with one of those Fenders... I wanted to buy it afterwards. Fun amp.
They was...And packed a punch for there size...I been thinkin about picking up another old fender jam or something just for my bed room...my seymour duncan convertible head with 4x12's is just too much amp for my room..hehe

Funny thing, I just found this in one of the polish newspapers I read:

Dealship Ford zgłaszane jest to duży znak front sklepu brakuje w weekend. Policja rozpatruje sklepu System zapobiegający nagrywał też na video kradzieży uwierzyć żółty cabrio z czarnej górze jest zaangażowana. Pytają publiczności pomoc w zlokalizowaniu kierowcę żółtego Mustanga na przesłuchanie.

For those that don't read Polish:

Dealship Ford reported it is a large store front sign missing at the weekend. Police examine the catalog system to prevent videotaping theft yellow believe convertible with black top is involved. They are asking the public assistance in locating the driver of a yellow Mustang for a hearing.

I love the translation.

Coincidence? I don't think so....
I do polish some things but I don´t read it... ! :D

Dang, guess I should delete this thread. Just when I thought nobody had seen me.:dodgy:

Ah, you know, global warming is a PITA. I try to fight by running my AC full blast with the windows down. ;)

That's a cool find Mike. It looks like it is a little "humid" there. :D
Well, I had to park the car in the driveway so I could remove the shelves and put the sign up there.

Now, for a change, the car was all clean and shiny. Needless to say, it started raining a few minutes after I put it outside and it kept raining all afternoon. So much for the clean and shiny part. :dodgy:

As for the Fender Amps: I don´t know the M80.

I only got my old 70 Silverface Bassman and 73 Deluxe Reverb amps that I love! :)

Back