Reserve not met

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1972 MACH 1
2019 F150
Took car out to get oil change supplies and walked out to afew people from Starbucks next door checkingout my 72. Thirty something suit and girl friend walked over as I started up and I heard her say, "offer him 10K" He didn't but said "We hangout here if you need to sell" Not sure if I should smile or give him the left hand finger silute:mad: Thought about it later and should have said " Tell your girl friend NOT EVEN CLOSE"

Alan L

Alan, sounds like a compliment that they wanted your car, obiviously the guy was smart enough not to offend you with the 10K offer his girl came up with, he knew that wouldn't touch it.

I had the same offer the other day from some guy with his girlfriend!! Around the same age..I smiled and told him that would be a good down payment!

People don't know unless they know. And sometimes even then they don't know! 10 years ago, prices were so inflated that you could get $20K for a restored Mach in killer condition. I would be surprised if I could get $15k for mine today. That hurts since that's probably what I have into it! Well, that's when I stopped counting anyway and I still tell myself that's all I have in it!

Not planning on selling anyway, so it is what it is I guess. 10K, 20K, or 5K, it's still mine and I love it!

Have a great day and enjoy those fine rides!

When people ask how much mine is worth I alway tell them I don't know, probably 'not that much'. :)
I've been asked what it's worth and I tell them I have no ideal; it all depends on how much a person is willing to pay for it, to me it's priceless because it's not for sale.

I know it's worth less than I have in it to most potential buyers...don't tell the wife. But you never know, there's probably some guy out there with a good cash flow who just has to have it for what ever reason that might be...then it's worth a lot.

Jim

Tell them it's not for sale, but you would conisider a trade for a new

(fill in the blank)

That kind of put's the price in perspective...especially when you think of all the cars you would NOT trade your ride for:

New Honda Civic: $20k

New Honda Accord: $25k

New Ford Mustang GT: $40k

New Ford Mustang GT Convertible: $50k

New Challenger: $45k

Mercedes CLK Coupe $60k

Mercedes CLK Convertible $60k

ANY Cadillac: $40k-$90k

Jaguar XK: $90k

What would you rather have?

I might trade for a new Mustang 351(not stroked) convertible...but it would be pretty tough.

When people ask how much mine is worth I alway tell them I don't know, probably 'not that much'. :)
I've been asked what it's worth and I tell them I have no ideal; it all depends on how much a person is willing to pay for it, to me it's priceless because it's not for sale.

I know it's worth less than I have in it to most potential buyers...don't tell the wife. But you never know, there's probably some guy out there with a good cash flow who just has to have it for what ever reason that might be...then it's worth a lot.

Jim
At this point the car is worth more than I got invested as long as you don't put a price on my time investment.

Alan L

At this point the car is worth more than I got invested as long as you don't put a price on my time investment.

Alan L
I'm in the same position, but that probably wont last through the year, lol. I'm ok with that, cuz I can't imagine selling it in the foreseeable future. Maybe if someone offered me enough money for the car to build it again Plus the cost of a 351 Boss. :p

i'm like you guys not fore sale. But then again everything has a price but it would have to be stupid high for me to accept. If I ever have an accident {not that I plan to haha} And the car is beyond repair I will make a huge flower pot with it on my front lawn.hahaha ??? "None of my neighbors are on here right? :dodgy:

you would be surprised what our cars are going for i seen some ok ones go for 8k to 10k and up as to 30k......i say dont sell ourselves short ....we are getting are dues slowly,i believe the more guy and girls show pride in our rides the more people out there think are rides are bad ass ...

I'm with Eric, "Not For Sale."

"Offer him $10K." What an insult. Geez - I've already got more than that invested in mine, and it's nothing more than a pile of sheet metal, glass, and a new suspension kit (well, and a monster engine and AOD tranny on the bench). I'll be lucky if I get away with less than $30K invested after it's all shiny and running.

And no - I'm not adding up or putting a value on my time, either. That would be impossible.

Stacey told me at the Grand Show if one more person asked her "How Much" she was gonna scream. Then she said I will shut them up 200K, I laughed and said here is the title. I was only asked once and my reply was " it would take many thousand more than the car would ever be worth" he kinda grinned and walked away. He musta understood where I was coming from.

We had our 67 convertible at a car show, a couple came up and ask my wife was it for sale? Wifey says "Thank you but she's not for sale" they respond "well everything is for sale"....(by this time they were acting a little snotty and boastful) wifey "Good point!!! Then get your cash out and count to 25 THOUSAND" then took a drag off her cigarette and blew the smoke at them.

Same here...I had my car sence out of high school..I been offered much more than she is worth...And i wont budge..Nor sell...I got the car from my dad...And its my first...Not many can say they still have their first car..Let alone it be there dream car..Sence i was a child i loved this body style.....My ex girlfreind even tried to ask if i would sell it too her..I said a cold day in hell "AND" 100,000 cash...It would take a stupid price like that to buy my memories from me..lol

Last edited by a moderator:
LOL....hyena you could've said.... my car will be with me long after your gone...just to give tha extra hmmmff of meaning.:D

btw.... I dont WANT to have my first car!!!! :D:D:D WHAT a junker. I was so embarrassed I would not even ask a girl out. In HS this chickie was in love with really liked me too. She kept asking her friends if I liked her and tried to get me to ask her out. I kept telling them she was awesome but I was already dating a girl from another school.. (which was a lie) but hey if you make that claim ..nobody can prove you wrong.:cool:

Back