Tires for the 1971 Coupe?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mustang Ricky

Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mustang Coupe
Just wondering I am looking for a set of tires for my 1971 Mustang Coupe I have had plenty of advice about what size I should put on but I do not believe in bigger is better! Can you tell me front and rear do I a) go with all the same size b) wider on the back narrow on the front. I have a new set of American Racing TTO Torq Thrust Original 15x7 rims. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Rims.PNG

Because the widest you should go with a 7-inch rim is in the 235 to 245 range I would go the same front and rear. A 245/60R-15 is about a half inch larger diamter than the stock tires, a 235/60R-15 is about the same diameter as the originals. They are about 1.5 and 1 inches wider.

Because the widest you should go with a 7-inch rim is in the 235 to 245 range I would go the same front and rear. A 245/60R-15 is about a half inch larger diamter than the stock tires, a 235/60R-15 is about the same diameter as the originals. They are about 1.5 and 1 inches wider.

Hey thanks!

if you keep them all the same size you will be able to rotate them,some people dont drive there cars as a daily driver so for them ,they would want smaller on the front and bigger on the back,if you prefer different tires for the front and back im sure many people on her will give you great advise good luck....

if you keep them all the same size you will be able to rotate them,some people dont drive there cars as a daily driver so for them ,they would want smaller on the front and bigger on the back,if you prefer different tires for the front and back im sure many people on her will give you great advise good luck....
Hey thanks!

My son and I were just discussing the same issue this weekend about roatating. He was considering going with 10 inch wheels on the back of the 2001 Bullitt. They do look good, but he decided to go with 18 x 9's all the way around.

Back