280 out of 318

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Well folks my cousin and I set out around 3 yesterday (Sunday), to play with the car some on a little road called US 129 the Dragon. It 318 curves in 11 miles. We made about 280ish before the power sterring pump blew apart. She was doing great, then things went down hill quick. So after wiping thing off the best I could, we had to find a ride to the Dragon store to use the phone (no cell service) Finally got AAA there around 10 last night, got in bed around 2. So will be on the phone with MArch this morning and see if the stand behind thier product. Will keep you posted.

Dragon.JPG

dragon 1.JPG

Good luck talking with March. Hopefully they send you a new one with no problems! The car does look awesome even when on the back of a tow truck. I'm sure the tow truck driver was impressed with it.

Sorry to hear that I bet it was fun running the dragons tail in that beauty. Get that PS pump fixed get a windshield camera with sound, I wanna hear some hoot and hollers and maybey even a rebel yell out of that Tennfastbk when you go back to SLAY THAT DRAGON!

Update: Just off the phone with March, very helpful with info but very unhelpful with a new pump. Of coarse the warranty is fo 1 year which is already up, even thought the pump has not been in service since Jan 12. New pump is around 300. Will take it off and evaluate the situation after work.

Update: Just off the phone with March, very helpful with info but very unhelpful with a new pump. Of coarse the warranty is fo 1 year which is already up, even thought the pump has not been in service since Jan 12. New pump is around 300. Will take it off and evaluate the situation after work.
That sucks...Too bad they didnt have a warranty along with a milage one too...Like 1 year or 10,000 miles...Cause alot of people buy these pumps and stuff and hardly drive there classic car...Im suprized they didnt want you to send back the pump so they could see for them selves what happened to it.

That sucks...Too bad they didnt have a warranty along with a milage one too...Like 1 year or 10,000 miles...Cause alot of people buy these pumps and stuff and hardly drive there classic car...Im suprized they didnt want you to send back the pump so they could see for them selves what happened to it.

LOl I got the typical answer "Never heard of that before" Think I may have pissed him off when I just started laughing

I've driven mine before with a broken power steering belt; talk about a beast to turn. That would have been a work out on the twisties. Good luck with the repair.

fronttop.jpg

backtopview.jpg

backbottomview.jpg

Here are a few pics of mine Roy. I’m not sure what port your asking about, hope it is visible here?

Last edited by a moderator:
Finally got AAA there around 10 last night, got in bed around 2. So will be on the phone with MArch this morning and see if the stand behind thier product. Will keep you posted.
The exact reason I paid the extra $30.00 and upgraded to AAA plus, we plan on doing lots of cruising and AAA standard only covers up to 5 miles of towing, while AAA plus covers 100 miles of free towing...something to think of because as we all know, the unexepected does happen when you're driving a 40 year old car. Also with AAA plus you can have up to 4 free tows a year, that's a lot of piece of mind on those long cruises.

No I don't work for AAA. :angel:

Jim

I've driven mine before with a broken power steering belt; talk about a beast to turn. That would have been a work out on the twisties. Good luck with the repair.
Mine has the serpentine system so there was no removing the belt. Found the bottom bolt (around the 5 O'clock position) had backed out and was missing. It was as factory installed bolt but that did not seem to matter to them. Everything is back together, still some air in the system, but hopefully she will quiet down with a bit of driving. New bolts all have loctite on them. So planning another attempt at the 318. Yes that will be 636 in 22 miles, she will go or blow.

Back