concrete in front end

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kmichaud

Reaction score
My Car
73 mustang grande with a 351 cleveland engine
i was taking the motor and transmission out of my car and cleaning the rust to. when i found concrete were the engine goes. it was in the cross member, cross brace for the engine and in some other spots to

WOW! That must be one Nasty car,,, The original owner must have used the concrete to weight the front of the car down, to keep the wheels from lifting off the ground on major acceleration take-offs.....lol

WOW! That must be one Nasty car,,, The original owner must have used the concrete to weight the front of the car down, to keep the wheels from lifting off the ground on major acceleration take-offs.....lol
well the motor that we took out was a 302 so i don't know if there is any mods to it or not

i was taking the motor and transmission out of my car and cleaning the rust to. when i found concrete were the engine goes. it was in the cross member, cross brace for the engine and in some other spots to
You may have Jimmy Hoffa's Mustang, did you check the trunk?

Last edited by a moderator:
Poor mans rust repair rofl

Center of gravity adjustment (I doubt it)

Sound Damping (I doubt it)

It never ceases to amaze me what people do to their cars...:shrug2:

Get an air chisel & get it all out for sure..All I can say is better you than me lollerz

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe a teenager was to broke or not smart enough to figure out how to lower the frontend. Maybe a disgruntled wife decided to fill the car up with concrete for her cheating husband and that little bit didnt get cleaned up in time?

well it was in spots were you couldn't see it. like if you look were the engine goes you won't be able to see it

Maybe a former owner worked in construction or something. I can see somebody driving regularly where some excess wet concrete was spilled, and it splashes up under the car, and builds up over time where you can't clean it out. Maybe even built up in there as a powder and hardened over time through humidity, driving in rain, etc.

I know of a 68 fastback that was totaled due to fire (insurance fraud), then bought back for restoration several years later. Part of the roof was dented and filled with concrete. They detected it when they stripped the paint.

i don't know but it was weird when i found concrete in the front end. but its going to go cause im taking a hammer and i screwdriver and getting most of it out

Take your time in the removal. Don't want to bend anything. My guess, drove through fresh cement and missed the front end where you can't see.

cop_stuck_cement.jpg

Back