concrete in front end

kmichaud

i was taking the motor and transmission out of my car and cleaning the rust to. when i found concrete were the engine goes. it was in the cross member, cross brace for the engine and in some other spots to

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone ever heard of this? Why would someone put concrete in their front end?

Steve

[button=http://www.7173mustangs.com/thread-1972-mach-1--1800]The Stable[/button]

25yvyp3.jpg

WOW! That must be one Nasty car,,, The original owner must have used the concrete to weight the front of the car down, to keep the wheels from lifting off the ground on major acceleration take-offs.....lol

2mrh3zn.png

WOW! That must be one Nasty car,,, The original owner must have used the concrete to weight the front of the car down, to keep the wheels from lifting off the ground on major acceleration take-offs.....lol

well the motor that we took out was a 302 so i don't know if there is any mods to it or not

i was taking the motor and transmission out of my car and cleaning the rust to. when i found concrete were the engine goes. it was in the cross member, cross brace for the engine and in some other spots to

You may have Jimmy Hoffa's Mustang, did you check the trunk?

Jim

M code 71 Mach 1, 351 4V Cleveland, Ram Air (not factory), C6 Trans, 3.5 rear

Poor mans rust repair rofl

Center of gravity adjustment (I doubt it)

Sound Damping (I doubt it)

It never ceases to amaze me what people do to their cars...:shrug2:

Get an air chisel & get it all out for sure..All I can say is better you than me lollerz

LOVE OF BEAUTY IS TASTE..THE CREATION OF BEAUTY IS ART

That was my facetious first thought ballast. :D rofl

[align=left]Jeff T.

When I die I want to die like grandpa, peacefully in my sleep... not screaming, like his passengers. [/align]

Maybe it got "driven wrong" at some point and they hosed off all of the offending concrete before it hardened but could not get to all of it.

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-chat/2767089/posts

http://tonyrogers.com/humor/car_in_concrete.htm

Hmmmm..........

Paul

Maybe a teenager was to broke or not smart enough to figure out how to lower the frontend. Maybe a disgruntled wife decided to fill the car up with concrete for her cheating husband and that little bit didnt get cleaned up in time?

Maybe a former owner worked in construction or something. I can see somebody driving regularly where some excess wet concrete was spilled, and it splashes up under the car, and builds up over time where you can't clean it out. Maybe even built up in there as a powder and hardened over time through humidity, driving in rain, etc.

I know of a 68 fastback that was totaled due to fire (insurance fraud), then bought back for restoration several years later. Part of the roof was dented and filled with concrete. They detected it when they stripped the paint.

Let me check your shorts!

http://midlifeharness.com

cactus.jpg.92e5d9d8700abc0ed60c8ccb3426248e.jpg

It could of been a movie car or stunt car of some sort where they added the concrete for some type of ballast.

Mike AKA Ole Pony & Rare Pony
Our current Mustang garage/driveway
1973 Mustang Convert - Bought in 1974 - Still have it!
2004 Mach 1 Oxford White Auto, Bought Sept 06

20180127_082009.jpg

i don't know but it was weird when i found concrete in the front end. but its going to go cause im taking a hammer and i screwdriver and getting most of it out

James Bond Alley car :huh: Better get a Marti report on it..Ya never know what you may have

LOVE OF BEAUTY IS TASTE..THE CREATION OF BEAUTY IS ART

Take your time in the removal. Don't want to bend anything. My guess, drove through fresh cement and missed the front end where you can't see.

2rr7aiv.png

Just cruising along minding our own business when BAM!!! The LAWS show up.

cop_stuck_cement.jpg

Pete - MotoArts Decals and Signs

'71 Sportsroof 351C-4V/4-speed - FINALLY under construction - no, wait, on hold again...

'90 Mustang 7-Up 5.0 ragtop, rolling beater - SOLD

'66 Sunbeam Tiger Mk.IA, survivor

well my son has been chipping it out , front crossmember ,bumper brackets packed with it ... to me it doesnt look like it was put there for any reason not confined to one area ,,, when i got car rf drum was missing and could see were car had dragged and wore backing plate flat ... possible wheel come off drove into wet concrete and when was cleaned off never got cleaned in some hidden places ???? not sure but it adds a ton of weight

Keep him at it! It builds character. My dad told me so when I was in my teens.

Steve

[button=http://www.7173mustangs.com/thread-1972-mach-1--1800]The Stable[/button]

25yvyp3.jpg

well my son has been chipping it out , front crossmember ,bumper brackets packed with it ... to me it doesnt look like it was put there for any reason not confined to one area ,,, when i got car rf drum was missing and could see were car had dragged and wore backing plate flat ... possible wheel come off drove into wet concrete and when was cleaned off never got cleaned in some hidden places ???? not sure but it adds a ton of weight

I'd love to see pictures of this mess!

Let me check your shorts!

http://midlifeharness.com

cactus.jpg.92e5d9d8700abc0ed60c8ccb3426248e.jpg

I'd love to see pictures of this mess!

Then use this

:worthlesswithoutpics:

That sounds really wierd. Must have been a bit of a shock.

3483lp4.png