just got sick seeing this II

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

S4Stang

Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mustang yellow fastback
1996 Mustang Cobra
2012 Expedition 4X4
Saw this in the 2012 june issue of hot rod magazine

To each his own but I don't like

except for under the hood 5.0 coyote power

But its 99% 2011 GT under there.

2012-05-05_10-01-44_77.jpg

Is that Pegasus? Not a fan of the grille and the facsia.

EDIT: Just saw that at the top of the page it does say Pegasus. Goolsby Customs did some great work on that car, but even they said that some of the touches were at the direction of the customer. There's a post on here somewhere...

Last edited by a moderator:
There's a big discussion thread about it elsewhere in here.

I still have mixed feelings about it. The grille is hideous, I'm not sure I like the un-fastback treatment or tail lights, and I've never been much of a fan of wheels that size on these cars.

Having said that however, the work and craftsmanship on the project is definitely top-shelf, and I applaud the builder's skills.

The good thing about these outrageous builds is that they bring more attention to our cars, which might wind up with a few more being restored or restomodded and saved from the crusher... so, that's win-win if you ask me.

Pegasus it is. Note the caption reads "Forgotten mustang"

Is there a thumb down icon?

The craftsmanship involved was intensive though so thumbs up for that category.

Whether the styling is bad or not is a matter of taste, at least the body style of this era of Mustangs ('71-'73) is slowly becoming more looked at and appreciated for how cool and agressive they look. If you're looking for a body style that screams FAST the '71 - '73 sure fit the bill.

I was unaware of the prior thead thanks guys
No worries - I was just sayin' that we'd been following the build up until they got it done. Like I said though - very nice work... just not my cup of tea.

"Forgotten Mustang" indeed. :rolleyes:

Notice no turn sigal lights in the fender and quarter panels.

Is that Street Legal? I dont believe it is. I'd like to get away with removing them if I could.

Its cool...I think the only things i would say...I dont like...Is the scoops behind the door...get rid of it...And wow....Looks soo much better too me...lol..And under the bumper...they should of put a poly style bumper with a ground fin...Instead of the duct looking work....I think the scoops behind the doors is left over 1969 stuff...its like people still cant get past the 69 scoops or shelby scoops...and wanna stick them on every car if they belong or not...lol...I think it takes away from the sleek look of this car.

here is without door scoop...Now if i can only get rid of the bumper;)

Last edited by a moderator:
I think the car overall is a great concept. However, I would have personally changed many things, to include the horrible rear tail light section that makes the lights look like they are from 2071 instead of 1971. I really like how they shortened the front fenders a bit, and how the "unfastback" gives guys like me that have a coupe an idea of direction that could be possible for us to fabricate. Other than that, the drivetrain would be nice, but who has 20 grand to spend on one, not me...

yeah, there's nothing about it that really like either.

and yes it does make me feel slightly queasy when I look at it too,lol

It not the pegasus I have a problem with in that article, but the utter distain the author has for our cars. Like the pegasus is the only one with redeming qualities.

Back