If you could order you car new...

The 429 was rated at 9 MPG I'm not sure about the 351 but with today's gas prices wow. This brings into focus weather it's going to a daily driver or not I don't care who's filling the tank.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pretty easy to choose here since we are limiting to 71-73's. I would order this:

'71 Mach 1

429 SCJ

4 Speed

3:70ish gears (as close as I could get)

Grabber Blue if available, otherwise Red

Power steering, power brakes, full instrumentation, console, fold down, tilt, AM/FM 8 track, sport mirrors/visibility group, chin spoiler, rear deck spoiler, Magnums, power windows, and A/C if they would let me.

spacer.png
1931 Ford Model A Station Wagon
1969 Mach 1 - 351C, TKO-600, 4WDB, R&P, A/C, Shaker, Fold Down, etc.
1972 Mach 1 - 351C, FMX, PDB, PS, A/C, Fold Down, Console
1996 Mustang Cobra Convertible - 10psi Procharger, 436rwhp

After thinking about this and if I pretend its that era again gas would be 30 cents a gal.

This makes the 429scj very cool but i'll order a boss 351 with the works 4 sd.

Boss 429, Medium Yellow, no rear spoiler, Mach 1 Ginger interior, 4 Speed, Air conditioning, 3.91 Trac Pak, and a chase truck with lots of high octane fuel and replacement tires.

Boss 351 engine if I have to stick with actual options

http://www.7173mustangs.com/gallery/1_01_07_15_8_53_18.png

"I love my Hookers!" and "Get some Strange" probably have a different connotation to non automotive enthusiasts!

Boss 429, Medium Yellow, no rear spoiler, Mach 1 Ginger interior, 4 Speed, Air conditioning, 3.91 Trac Pak, and a chase truck with lots of high octane fuel and replacement tires.

Boss 351 engine if I have to stick with actual options

Maybe not a boss 429 but a 429 was available with ram air

Engine Code

Code Description

C 429-4V

F 302-2V

H 351-2V

J 429-4V Ram Air

L 250-1V

M 351-4V

Q 351-4V Ram Air

R 351-4V Boss

Well we also know that one Boss 302 was made in for 1971...too bad the idea got scrapped. :(

Steve

[button=http://www.7173mustangs.com/thread-1972-mach-1--1800]The Stable[/button]

25yvyp3.jpg

I still want the Boss 429 since the engine bay was designed with it in mind. I'll pay Bunkie extra bucks in these imaginary dollars we are spending

http://www.7173mustangs.com/gallery/1_01_07_15_8_53_18.png

"I love my Hookers!" and "Get some Strange" probably have a different connotation to non automotive enthusiasts!

I still want the Boss 429 since the engine bay was designed with it in mind. I'll pay Bunkie extra bucks in these imaginary dollars we are spending

+1

spacer.png

• 3 months later...

GREAT POST IDEA!

72 Mach 1

R Code - 351 HO

White

Stripe Package

AM/FM 8 - track stereo

Folding Rear seat

Functional Ram Air - It would have been an early order

3:50 Traction lock

4 speed

Black Mach 1 deluxe interior

console

rear defrost

Magnums

Sadly my Dad passed on that car minus rear defrost for $3500 in 97!

In 71 I was a junior in high school and would have rationalized the "practical" part away. 71 fastback, 429 SCJ, four speed, 4.11 gears, manual steering, manual drum brakes, AM/FM radio (I liked music), gauge and tach option, poverty hub caps. It would have been used to supplement my income working for $1.10 an hour in a Humble service station. Chuck

Daily Driver I would go with Blue Glow 73 Mach 1 Qcode 4spd 3.50 Traction Lok, A/C, Sport deck Seat, Black Mach 1 Sports Interior 8 track Stereo, power windows, Rim Blow wheel, front and rear spoilers, Magnums in 15x7 they can charge extra and pull them from torino parts bin!

Ultimate want would be Boss 351 Light Pewter, Sport deck Seat, Black Mach 1 Sports Interior, 8 track Stereo, Magnums in 15x7, front and rear spoilers, close ratio 4spd, Rim Blow wheel.

Guys, I've got the chrome ashtrays in the back ...Were they standard on all stangs for our years?...

It was probably unheard of to order the "ashtray delete option"

It would be like going back in time and telling the dealer I want "bluetooth" hehe

Image3.png

Jim

71 J code w/ram air, race pack, fold down in a hunter green and Black

2rr7aiv.png

Just cruising along minding our own business when BAM!!! The LAWS show up.