Shocks

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a set in my 71. I find the ride is just fine, others have said the rear is too stiff. I'm still running the original leafs from 1971. If you find the rear too stiff or harsh, swap them for a pair of GR-2s.

I, too. am using them on my Grande with an extra leaf I love the "look" and the feel but keep in mind that I am running a 460-based engine.

Again, I like them and will probably go to them on my Mach I when I replace the 428CJ with the 545.

BT

Just to chime in - 4 GR-2s came with the front/rear suspension rebuild kit that I just installed. I've only done some zero to sixty runs with no hard cornering, but I'm happy with what I feel so far.

Doc

Anyone use Edelbrock or Koni shocks? They are way more expensive. But curious.
I have run the Koni's and still have my set. One of my fronts has an air bubble that I cannot bleed out. I have to send them in one of these days.

They are a great shock, just that the 71-73 fronts are no longer made.

I run KONI front and rear ,too. Konis classics are very good adjustible shocks. I go to a lokal Koni dealer and ask for the front shoks. He order me a set direkt from the manufactur, with no problems. Koni has a life time warenty for the first owner. Is everything wrong with the shocks, you can send it back , without any problems. I can recoment Koni.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back