door strikers

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jiujitsuDave

Reaction score
My Car
1973 Mustang Fastback
2005 Mustang GT
I replaced the hinges on my doors due to sagging. The strikers need to be replaced because the plastic is worn down. So i ordered the plastic pieces and there is no way to get them on without slicing them. So I ordered the entire striker from CJ Pony Parts and its too big. Thread size was too large so I drilled and rethreaded the plate that it screws into. It turns out the head of the the striker bolt is too big and thick so the door wont close properly.

Anyone purchased these from someone and had success? I dont want to order from someone else and have the same problem

Without a doubt, I can recommend our forum sponsor, Ohio Mustang Supply...give Don a call. I'm sure he can help you out! His link and number are in the banner at the top of every page!

Without a doubt, I can recommend our forum sponsor, Ohio Mustang Supply...give Don a call. I'm sure he can help you out! His link and number are in the banner at the top of every page!
Great, thanks!

really sounds like they sent you the incorrect striker part. Give Ohio mustang a heads up.

I bought one NOS one off eBay and the other came from the HELP! section of Napa...
the sticker on the package said 71-78 mustang. I think maybe it should have been 74-78

Oh wow - there's supposed to be plastic on the strikers? Dang... I guess I'll hafta add those to the list too. :D :D :D

The plastic striker seems to be the only part that hasn't turned into ferrisoxide. This is a good lesson to remember. Thanks for posting a mishap. I don't learn anything from doing something right, but I learn alot from doing it wrong. If we all post our "oversights" maybe the rest of us won't have to repeat them.

Thanks for all the responses. I figured I would support this great new site and ordered from Ohio Mustang Supply. They will be arriving on Monday and will see how they work

"Parts and its too big. Thread size was too large so I drilled and rethreaded the plate that it screws into."

If you drilled and tapped your plates, I don't think the stock size replacements are going to work.

Let me know if you need some used plates, should have a set in one of the parts cars

Don

Back