• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to 7173 Mustangs.com and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

I need a cowl

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1973 351-2v Convertible
1973 351-2v Mach 1
1973 351-4V Q code Mach 1
64.5 Coupe
65 convertible
65 cobra kirkham
I need a cowl panel. My upper is real rusty, bottom is bad on right side but repairable / patchable. Mine is an A/C car, but I believe the uppers are the same, just the lower has the vent hole on driver side for non-a/c cars. I'm in Houston, Tx.

I need a cowl panel. My upper is real rusty, bottom is bad on right side but repairable / patchable. Mine is an A/C car, but I believe the uppers are the same, just the lower has the vent hole on driver side for non-a/c cars. I'm in Houston, Tx.
Post a pic of the upper I may have what you need

1973-cowl-top.jpg

Here's the top side. I did some cleanup with the wire wheel, but it's rusted bad along the lower windshield lip.

Here's a close up:

1973-cowl-close.jpg

1973-cowl-bottom.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Check with Don at OMS. I plan on buying re-pop quarters from him when the time comes.I got some parts from these guys, a whole clip to be more specific, http://www2.cougarpartscatalog.com/ ,the cougars have the same cowls and a lot were a/c. There may also be someone on this site with the parts .

I will try to shoot you a pic of what I have left. I used the bottom but think the top is in good shape
Thanks

Also to GoTime, I'll call Don and the folks at CougarParts.

Curtis

5/12-update: Don and West Coast Cougar are out of cowls. Found one at colorado mustang but no pictures. I'd like to see pictures of what I'm getting before it ships.

Tnfastbk - Any luck with pictures of yours ??

Last edited by a moderator:
Here is the pics I promised. Sorry it took so long. It is not the best in the world but if you can use it let me know.
Thanks, Tnfastbk. I'll pass. The rust hole sizes look about the same.

Curtis

Here is the pics I promised. Sorry it took so long. It is not the best in the world but if you can use it let me know.
Thanks, Tnfastbk. I'll pass. The rust hole sizes look about the same.

Curtis
Ok when I got it all I needed was the bottom part. Thought I would hold onto it just in case someone needed something

Back