sound system

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SPAIN72MUSTANG

Reaction score
My Car
1972 mustang convertible
2008 ford edge
2006 cadillac cts
just some information for all convertible guys out there,i just installed my sound system ,this is my set up i have the classic sound radio,ipod,amp system i got 5.25 mtx speakers and 6.5 mtx rear speaker i have 600 watt amp i put 5.25 speakers in the doors because i bout the kick panel ones but you have to move the e break so i make the decision to put them in the door instead and in rear side panel i put the 6.5 speakers and installed the amp in the trunk and i will tell you the sound is sweet,you would of thought that i spend 1k plus on this sound system, the amp power is hitting all the speakers perfect the bass is on que, i installed countless sound systems over my life and for what i have hooked up is amazeing the sound im getting,i think the reason everything sounds so good is i stuck with the same brand, meaning that every thing is from the same company no miss match stuff,we all have done this before buy front ones from pioneer rear ones from kenwood and sony amp,......so what im saying is spend the extra money and buy decent brand name sound system from the same company no mixing speakers and amps hope this helps some one because im telling you im impressed with the sound comeing from my convertible with the top down....

Cool! I agree that sticking with one brand seems to make it sound better. What brand did you go with? I'm leaning toward Kenwood for my next system.

i went with mtx speakers,and mtx amp,sorry for the long response

i went with mtx speakers and mtx amp....sorry for late response

Last edited by a moderator:
Back