72 Q-Code drinkin' soda

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tx-skydiver

Reaction score
My Car
1972 Mach 1 Q-Code
Finally after 5 years of staring at my car and stripping ever-so-slowly, it is time. Time to do the restore.

Car and pieces were loaded up and sent to soda blaster.

Sheet metal ordered from Dallas Mustang

Tools ordered from Eastwood

Two weeks off as of Dec 17.

Parts ordered:

Qtr panels (both sides)

Wheel houses (inner and outer)

Deck Lid

Hood

Misc pieces

I hope to have all body panels replaced by Jan 1 then we can throw on a primer (for protection) then block sanding starts.

Excited to get started.

Congratulations! Keep us posted with lots of pics and updates!!

Awesome. I'm really impressed. I agree with the motto, if it's worth doing, it's worth doing right.
Its funny. I originally was only going to do a partial resto, but as I started taking parts off I would notice something deeper that would cause me concern so I would take more off. That continued until I finally decided that I needed to do it all the way. Its gonna be expensive and take a long time, but it will be worth it in the end.

Here are some pics of its trip to blaster.

CIMG1865.jpg

CIMG1864.jpg

CIMG1863.jpg

CIMG1862.jpg

CIMG1861.jpg

CIMG1860.jpg

Holy schnikies!!! You never know what is under that layer of paint (or layerS of paint) until you get it soda blasted. There is more rust, bondo and fiberglass than I ever expected to see. I'll get pics when I get it home. Unbelievable. I have my work cut out for me.

Holy schnikies!!! You never know what is under that layer of paint (or layerS of paint) until you get it soda blasted. There is more rust, bondo and fiberglass than I ever expected to see. I'll get pics when I get it home. Unbelievable. I have my work cut out for me.
Sounds like you have a bad case of "while I'm at it desease". I will try to stop by on Monday or Tuesday.If the weather is good I will get the old steed out and stretch her legs. I will let you know before hand. Eddie

Sounds like you have a bad case of "while I'm at it desease". I will try to stop by on Monday or Tuesday.If the weather is good I will get the old steed out and stretch her legs. I will let you know before hand. Eddie
The weather is supposed to be perfect so you should have no problem with your steed coming out to play.

Getting jerked around from my soda blaster (who I thought was a friend) and still no car. I hope to get it tomorrow without punching the guy out.

So while driving around today I happened across a 65 coupe. It was a good buy so I picked it up. Will do a quick repaint, engine, interior and cleanup on it then sell for what I hope is some extra $$$ to put into my Mach.

I think I have an addiction.

Getting jerked around from my soda blaster (who I thought was a friend) and still no car. I hope to get it tomorrow without punching the guy out.

So while driving around today I happened across a 65 coupe. It was a good buy so I picked it up. Will do a quick repaint, engine, interior and cleanup on it then sell for what I hope is some extra $$$ to put into my Mach.

I think I have an addiction.
Pictures and a price, looking for one for my daughter.

Also from your post I guess we can can put "Soda Blasters" in with painters being unreliable.

Back