Bought a 73 Mach 1

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bloodyjaws

Reaction score
My Car
1973 Mach 1
Hello everyone. I'm not new to Mustangs....I had a '66 coupe in high school, and built a 71 Mach 1 before I could drive. I just made a deal to buy a 73 Mach 1. It's a base car with a 302 2bbl, now a 4bbl, auto, open 9in. and standard interior. I'm paying a little more then I'd like but it's pretty solid and the wife likes it. I'm hoping to learn alot more about it, and this site in the future. Thanks for being here, Chris

005.jpg006.jpg007.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks, Steve. I took the wife over to look at it the other day, she hadn't seen it to that point. She was a good sport about the whole thing. She walked around it, and even checked out the interior. Heck, she even muttered something about liking it, and how she would be happy to resew a seam on the rear seat that was coming apart.

The car has a little rust in both quarters, and the tail light panel will need replaced. It also looks like somewhere along the line it got a new hood before it was primered. It has 2 places in the floor, rear footwell that are rusted. It needs a headliner and dashpad, the usual things. All and all, it's a pretty solid car and I should be able to drive it with minimal work.

We have been making plans for it already. I'm thinking a 408 stroker, AOD, and deluxe interior. Maybe some Cragars or something. Thinking of doing it like this car (swiped of the net) and she likes the idea. She isn't much into green, but does like the look of it. Chris

72_Ford_Mustang_Mach1_DV_05_HH_mb01.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice vision. I gotta ask, what's the story behind the user name?
I used to fly a WW1 sim and one of the guys I flew with said I was like jaws cuz I would stalk him and chew his plane to bits. He started calling me bloodyjaws cuz my plane was blood red. It kinda grew on me. Chris

Welcome to the site Chris. Nice '73 Mach I.

I'm working on one of ours currently, 73 convertible with 351c. Just rebuilt engine, built an AOD to replace the C6 and currently replacing cowl.

Show me any 71-73 that doesn't need a tail light panel and I'll show you that it's a garage queen that never has seen daylight.

Welcome to the site Chris. Nice '73 Mach I.

I'm working on one of ours currently, 73 convertible with 351c. Just rebuilt engine, built an AOD to replace the C6 and currently replacing cowl.

Show me any 71-73 that doesn't need a tail light panel and I'll show you that it's a garage queen that never has seen daylight.
Or it's a desert car.

Racer, that sounds like a real nice vert. I'd like to do an AOD in mine along with a 350 gear.

If I had unlimited funds, I'd do a terminator 4.6, stroked to 302ci, Kenne bell blowzilla, 6-speed, and the IRS. Chris

::welcome::::welcome:: , you should find your info on the forum.

If not , asking some questions is a good thing to do.

I do not agree with the fact that every 71-73 should need a new tail light panel.

My 72 was a original Michigan car , floor rusted out because of a leaking cowl.

tail light panel was in great condition !?

JB

Looks great! Welcome to the forums!

::welcome::

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back