UPDATED 7/9/12 NEW PICS 1997 Jeep Wranlger I'm working on.

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mach 1 Mustang
Heres a few pics of the wrangler that I am currently working on. Right now i'm replacing the floor pans and also fixing the body mounts, torque boxes and any other holes i find in this beast. Then After the metal work I will probably be painting it in a few weeks. I have the passenger side front pan tacked in and I am still fitting the rear passenger pan. Hope to get that all fitted and tacked in tonight after work. I will keep you guys posted on the progress. I need something to work on since i havent had much to do on the mustang, but DRIVE IT!!!! :D (really hope i didnt just jinx myself) Have a good day guys.

Kevin

1fu7hz.png

2rer47b.png

28cjdwj.png

1hcr4k.png

wmh0ls.png

16c2wpv.png

qy75n9.png

35n0ayt.png

wcn8xv.png

2iqj33r.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, a 97!

Out west we forget how soon rust happens! Poor thing.
My parents had a 2002 PT cruiser that I recently had to replace the entire rockers on both side beacause of rust. And they dont repop the rockers for a pt. I had to hand bend those bad boys. Talk about fun. The salt is horrible up here in the winter. Eats these cars alive. I would love to head out west with a trailer and bring home a nice shell of a car with minimal rust. Very hard to find anything around here, older or newer with out rust somewhere. Heres a couple pics of the PT. They didnt want to put the money into painting the whole thing so I just shot the bottom with bedliner and it turned out really nice.

2zh4cj4.png

fvb885.png

211vxj6.png

Nice TJ project, Kevin. What's your plan for power? We've done a couple small block Chevy conversions in YJ's we've owned. Jeeps are a blast. Thanks for sharing.
Im just doing the work on it for a guy. I think he is gonna leave drivetrain alone. Previous owner put a brand new reman motor in it and it runs great. he also had the Tranny rebuilt at sametime with new clutch. He is running 4.11 gears so she hums along pretty good with that six banger.

Nice! And Nice Job! I was fortunate that my '80 CJ-7 was pretty much rust-free, but still had some bad spots on the rear corners. I popped some new repro corners on it and rattle-canned (with some spray bombs I had made at a local paint shop), which turned out awesome.

Here's mine:

316262_293672787310313_1370259802_n.jpg

Corners before:

9728_105046226172971_100000027814872_133974_8215821_n.jpg

Corners after:

25139_110462532298007_100000027814872_261566_1294136_n.jpg

Nice looking jeep eric! The rattle can paint job did wonders for the back end.
Thanks! I love that TJ as well - too bad they went the direction they did with the new models (I'm not a huge fan of the JKs).

Actually, the corners and middle section under the tailgate are the only parts I had to repaint - I pretty much just polished the tailgate (that's how good of a job the paint shop did at matching it up - I was very pleased).

Right after I finished up fabricating the new rear bumper/tire rack and front bumper, I got distracted from my Jeep with a '71 Mustang project... rofl

Last edited by a moderator:
Got the floor pans and body mounts all replaced on the jeep this week end. Seam sealed everything then sprayed the floors with bedliner and used rubberized undercoating underneath it. Came out pretty well. Just waiting for the ok to start the paint or if he wants me to put it together and run it like that. I bet he will have me paint it though. We are already half way tore down, might as well go for it. anyways heres a few pics.

wu2iix.png

34zlmcy.png

20kss4m.png

2qkjgbc.png

dey5cn.png

nlr4ib.png

2w3bb82.png

Well I finally got the Jeep finished this weekend!!! I think it turned out really good! The guy I did the work for really liked it. Now i get to spend some of the money I made on the mustang :D Heres some pics of it since i got the floor pans and body mounts done. Some before, during, and after shots. Enjoy. I know its not Mustang related but it is paying for some new mustang parts !!

Kevin

6g8qzd.png

30izzo2.png

10yqs7p.png

al45df.png

2vklsbc.png

euptgy.png

2n1uhcz.png

10hvsip.png

2yjvrma.png

308ytd2.png

26270q8.png