Weekly Fun Question for 12-11-2010 - Test Your 71-73 Mustang Knowledge

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1969 Mach 1
1973 Mach 1
1973 Grande
1989 LX 5.0L
2003 Mercury Marauder
2015 Lincoln MKT
Good Day All!

As we try to do every Saturday, below is the Weekly Fun Question where you are given the opportunity to earn "bragging rights" and a nice Icon if you are the first to provide the correct response to the question.

Responses should be PM'd to Rocketfoot and me. The person who is the first to provide the correct response will be identified in a post to this thread on Monday at approximately 7:00 PM (CST).

The question this week is:

In the drag-pack axle found on the 1971 429 Mustang, what is the difference (other than ratio) between the 3:91 gears and the 4:11 Gears?

Good Luck!

BT

That is not the response I am looking for to this question.

BTW, the responses should be sent by PM to ROCKETFOOT and me. We do this to keep it fair for everyone. Sometimes, a person knows part of the answer and by seeing the incorrect response, he/she is able to "guess" the correct response. Plus, sending the response via PM encourage more people to "play."

Thanks.

BT

Good Day All!

As you may recall, the question for this week is:

In the drag-pack axle found on the 1971 429 Mustang, what is the difference (other than ratio) between the 3:91 gears and the 4:11 gears?

We had four (4) members to respond correctly to the question but the first to respond was 73MACH1 who responded by stating that the difference had to do with the 3:91 gears having a "Traction Loc" while the 4:11 gears had a "Detroit Locker."

"Honorable Mention" goes to TNFASTBK, HEMIKILLER and 72HCODE who also responded (in that order) with the correct answer, albeit not as quickly as 73MACH1.

GREAT job Jay!!

BT

Congratulations, 73MACH1! Your award has been granted!

i have no chance, by the time i log in you are on the next contest hahahaha

Back