GM plans to re-make.....

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ponydrvr72

Reaction score
My Car
72Mach1 79 F-100
I heard on the radio lastnight that GM plans to make a retro Chevelle SS. Must be the popularity of the Dodge Challenger has given them the inspiration for this project. The bigger question is will Ford follow suit and deviate from the pony car and make a retro Torino? Time will tell. maybe I should start saving some money.....

I heard on the radio lastnight that GM plans to make a retro Chevelle SS. Must be the popularity of the Dodge Challenger has given them the inspiration for this project. The bigger question is will Ford follow suit and deviate from the pony car and make a retro Torino? Time will tell. maybe I should start saving some money.....
YAAAAAAWWWWWWNNNNNNNNNNN:sleepy:

YAAAAAAWWWWWWNNNNNNNNNNN:sleepy:
More like,YUUUUUCCCCKKKKK. the full size chevelle was ugly as hell what makes them think a mid-size retro will look any better? Ford should take the chance and make a retro 71-73 while they retool for the next generation mustang because the 2005-present is getting old, I just rest my eyes when one rolls by.:cool:

I wouldnt mind seeing a Galaxy retro .hehe..Or like we use too own...a 64 merc marauder 390 hi-po with cross flags on the fender..That old beast would get up and move..lol

Last edited by a moderator:
I think that is awsome, I just hope they don't butcher it like the charger and camaro. I grew up loving muscle cars and yes the chevelle was always ny favorite, MUSTANGS have always been one of the favorites also but when I had my 65 that was more of a classic look but now with my 71 fastback I feel that it falls in the same class with the gto, chevelle, nova ss, tempest and lemans. I will always love the 70s era of muscle cars and I hope they do remake as many of those cars from the 70s because that way anyone that didn't grow up then can experience the loud and fast cars and do away with the rice burners.

A neighbor's Chevelle S/S was the first car I fell in love with, and they've had a special appeal for me ever since. I'd have no interest in a 'new' one, but finding and restoring a 70-72 big block is on my list after I finish the Mustang.

I hope Ford does remake the Torino. With the Crown Vic gone our police forces have went with Chevy's front wheel drive Impalla, which the police hate b/c of FWD & no power, or Dodge Chargers. I've only seen one police car Mustang a few weeks ago. Ford doesn't have a full size RWD offering. A retro Torino would be awesome. Police & NASCAR Torinos...yeah baby!

I'd also like to see a retro Bronco...but that is a pipe dream.

I really wish they would leave the old name plates alone and let them rest in piece , Granted they have come a long way in performance and handling , But they need to get the car designers off crack first so they can design something that looks decent .I may be the only one that feels this way but I have not liked nothing they have built and sold since 75 . A lot of names should have never been brought back and some should have been dropped as well . Just my 2 cents

Looks like a Honda

had you just posted the pic without a name I would have bet my car that was NOT a car of America origin. Looks like an Acura

Funny I was at the Construction Car Show at Reliant here in HOuston...raffle was for a Challenger. the cuties were pizz'd when I retorted.. "I'm sorry but I have no interest" (trying to be polite) Com'n you can win this NEW CHALLENGER!!!" "I'm sorry if you GAVE me the car I wouldnt want it" (again trying to be polite)

Finally I had to just walk away.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back