Car and Marti rpt different

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CTGSTANG

Reaction score
My Car
1972 Mustang Convertible red/white interior. Engine: 302 V8 w/air, upgraded Edelbrock Performer RPM Intake, Petronix, Holly 600cfm carb, power windows.
So I got a Marti report for my birthday today and found out that it is really different than the car parked in my garage! Marti report says it was pewter metallic with black interior, black convertible top and Sebring knit seats. As you can see in the pictures on my profile it is now red with white deluxe interior and white top!! Engine codes ans tranny match, but I find this kind of odd. I think I may like the original black and pewter color better. Has this happened to anyone else? Any logical conclusions other than a previous owner really wanting to change everything? I'll try to post the Marti report this weekend.

One of my cars was vastly different like yours. Different color & different interior. Was a surprise at first but no big deal to me...someone went through a lot of trouble to make it how they wanted it. Now you've got that same opportunity. A LOT of red mustangs originally were some other color from the factory, especially the convertibles.

My first Mustang was a 70 Mach1, and when i got my Marti report , it didnt match the car, and the last owner had changed the car.

I bought it white with black striping and red interior, it was supposed to be Calypso coral red with white interior. The Windsor was swapped with a cleveland and the rear end was swapped from 9" to 8".

I liked the car very much, but atfer seeing the Marti report i couldnt think of anything but changing it back to match its numbers....:)), so i wish i never saw it:)))

If you are happy with the car and like it, it doesnt matter at all:)

My own Mach 1 was originally Bright Blue Metallic with a white interior. One of the POs spray painted the exterior red and had the interior completely replaced with a black one. Any leftover white pieces got spray painted black (which funny enough eventually flaked off revealing the white underneath it). :p

Rich

Marty says mine was medium brown metallic with a white top and deluxe interior. When I got it, it was red with a black top and deluxe interior but standart seat covers, so I would not worry too much.

I did find a few hidden spots with the original brown paint though.

So I got a Marti report for my birthday today and found out that it is really different than the car parked in my garage! Marti report says it was pewter metallic with black interior, black convertible top and Sebring knit seats. As you can see in the pictures on my profile it is now red with white deluxe interior and white top!! Engine codes ans tranny match, but I find this kind of odd. I think I may like the original black and pewter color better. Has this happened to anyone else? Any logical conclusions other than a previous owner really wanting to change everything? I'll try to post the Marti report this weekend.
That happens to much man.....My car was ordered with a total white interior...Only reason its still red i think...Is cause red will allways be a popular color muscle cars ..hot rods and such.....I was afraid red wasnt the original color of my car...Cause so many stangs got repainted red...Some one blacked out my interior...But atleast left the red original color on her...lol...Its hard to find one of our cars that havent been messed with along the way...Some one got your car and liked red better than black i guess..lol..I like the black and pewter stangs too...I would love to have one next too my red one...lol.

Mine started out as a blue/white Sprint with blue white interior; it is now yellow/black with a white/black interior. Marti report says it's a Sprint, as does the Mach 1 bumper/grille treatment, the tell-tale HB trim on the door tag and a hint of blue paint showing under chips in the sill paint, but I won't be changing it back because the way it looks now is perfect to me.

After all these years many of the older Mustangs have been transformed into what made the owners happy. Especially changing to "resale" red. So make it what you want it to be, if your happy with the red paint and white top/interior, keep it.

That happens to much man.....My car was ordered with a total white interior...Only reason its still red i think...Is cause red will allways be a popular color muscle cars ..hot rods and such.....I was afraid red wasnt the original color of my car...Cause so many stangs got repainted red...Some one blacked out my interior...But atleast left the red original color on her...lol...Its hard to find one of our cars that havent been messed with along the way...Some one got your car and liked red better than black i guess..lol..I like the black and pewter stangs too...I would love to have one next too my red one...lol.
RESALE RED

I never thought how our cars are transformed over the years. I will make mine unique to me!

Back