Neighbor's Project

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
'73 Mach1, motorcycle, Ford Ranger
Neighbor'sProject.jpg

Spotted this near my house recently . . . no fenders, no doors, no interior, quarter panels cut off. Looks like someone has started a project.

It's white with blue sills, so I'm guessing it's a '72.

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like it's been their awhile. Maybe it's a parts car.
It appeared pretty recently. I wouldn't bother cutting quarter panels out of a car unless I planned on putting new ones in. One of these days I might stop in and ask about it.
My brother cut a left quarter off a rust free California car and installed it on his Boss 302 because he didn't want to use a after market panel.He wanted the trunk drop off to look factory correct.

Looks like it's been their awhile. Maybe it's a parts car.
It appeared pretty recently. I wouldn't bother cutting quarter panels out of a car unless I planned on putting new ones in. One of these days I might stop in and ask about it.
My brother cut a left quarter off a rust free California car and installed it on his Boss 302 because he didn't want to use a after market panel.He wanted the trunk drop off to look factory correct.
Yeah, but this car definitely isn't rust free. The photo doesn't show it well (I didn't want to go wandering onto their property with my camera) but I can see the rust in the wheel well. My assumption is that the quarters were rusted out, which is common in MD.

Back