Another new guy

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sancho1388

Reaction score
My Car
N/a
Hi everyone,

I'm from Northern IL, I joined this forum a little while ago. just to look around I figured I would finally introduce myself. My Dad and I always loved these cars. in fact he used to own two a 71 and a 73 both Mach 1s. He had bought them new. We had always talk about getting a project started. we never really decided on what to build. Unfortunately my father passed away last year and we never got to build our project car. So I decided in his memory I would build a Mustang. This build is going to incorporate thing that we talked about we would like to do. so Expect quite a few post from me about suspension and other such things.

On a side note if anyone has or knows of a fast back for sale around the IL/WI border let me know lol

Welcome to the forums! Glad to have you aboard!

::welcome::

Welcome from coastal Alabama! I can appreciate the tribute build plans. My dad who is also passed away got me into mustangs and bought my 65 new. Finding a good Mach 1 won't be too difficult. I suggest you buy a rust free car from So Cal or the southwest and have it shipped.

http://www.statewidelist.com is a great way to search Craigslist by each state. Once you find your car you can easily ship it using http://www.uship.com for around $1000 or so, maybe less. Good luck with it and let me know if I can help or offer any pointers. This site is great for helping one another.

Welcome from Phoenix. If you spot one for sale here let me know and I can check it out, take pics, etc. I am NOT an expert. I can't tell you if it is 'all original' or anything like that. But the ones here in 'The valley of the Sun' are often not rusted.

Thanx guys. I'm hopin to start this project soon. if i can find one for the right price. Don, Will E thanks for the info.

::welcome:: From San Diego. I would look out west for your project.You might pay a little more for it.But it will save you in the long run not fixing a rust bucket. If you see one with in a 100 miles of me I could check it out and let you know what your looking at. Mike.

Welcome from the Netherlands , nice to build a tribute car to honor your dad.

JB

Welcome from Central Maine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back