New Check In

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mchandford

Reaction score
My Car
'71 Mustang Mach 1 "M" Code. 351C and 4 speed toploader.
Glad I found a forum that discusses my car in more specific detail. Most of the forums I have found have been for the 65-69 range. I found this site when I was looking at how to replace the drip rail seals. Very informative post BTW.

I recently came into (maybe I won't fit in because I did not build it myself) a 1971 Mustang Mach 1 w/ 351C and 4 speed toploader. It currently pomegranate red (not an original color :( ) I am still working through a few of the bugs from when the previous owner rebuilt it. He worked on it for about 4 years along with other projects, then had quadruple bypass surgery, his cars sat for several years and finally decided he had to sell a few of his cars. I acquired this one for a great price and am working on making it mine. I am not a collector so this car will not be staying covered in my garage all year long and i intend to drive it. It is in the shop this week because after much hair pulling we finally figured out that the timing chain cover had a hole in it from sitting so long. I thought I had found an acceptable replacement (an original from a 71 even) but sadly there was too much pitting in the metal to make it work with the water pump gaskets. I have an aftermarket on order now and should get my car back by the end of the week. Thats really about it for now. I am no expert and will be turning to some of you guys for your knowledge, thanks and look forward to seeing all the pretty cars.

Mustang .jpg

welcome. Nice ride. If you dont have any luck with the timing chain cover let me know, I think I have a spare original one in the garage.

Kevin

Welcome. This is a great site. From bone stock originals to trailered drag racers we have them all. Different folks have different skills. Some are wrenchers (like me) others can do body and welding as well (not me). Lots to learn and lots of fun to be had!

Welcome. This is a great site. From bone stock originals to trailered drag racers we have them all. Different folks have different skills. Some are wrenchers (like me) others can do body and welding as well (not me). Lots to learn and lots of fun to be had!
Will - the first time I read your post I thought I read, "trailered drag queens" and spilled my coffee. :p

mchandford - welcome to the club from northern Nevada. Glad to have you here! You have found the right place...

Stay away from using the "C" words and you'll be fine...

Welcome from coastal Alabama! Just jump right in everyone is welcome here as long as you enjoy these cars as much as we do.

Welcome to the forums! Glad to have you aboard!

::welcome::

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back