Winters Aluminum center 9" axle housing NEW

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MotoArts

Reaction score
My Car
'71 Sportsroof
'90 Mustang 7-Up 5.0 ragtop (sold after 20 years)
'66 Sunbeam Tiger Mk.IA
Here's something I've never seen before. The assembly is new and was probably built for an asphalt stock car.

Measures approx. 55-1/8" end to end at the tubes, not including the spindles that are welded on (current hubs are for Wide 5 race car applications). Tube OD is approx. 2-13/16" diameter. Center is as-cast, not polished or clearcoated. Inner axle seals are installed. According to Winters, it will accept stock 9" Ford center sections. Picture shown is not the exact one that is for sale (but is the same). The one that is for sale is darker in color (almost magnesium shade but i don't think it's actually mag) and has some light corrosion on the center.

winterCenterBack.jpg

winterLR.jpg

winterLFront.jpg

winterIn.jpg

Adding bearing ends should increase the OAL to approx. 60", which may or may not be a tad short for our '71-73's. Do your own research regarding fitment please. I will answer questions as much as my limited knowledge will allow, and can get pics of the actual unit if there's any interest. :cool:

See page 17:

http://www.wintersperformance.com/2010%20Street%20Rod%20Rears%20Catalog.pdf

Asking $300 / offer + shipping from 15068.

Thanks,

Pete

motoarts at yahooo dawt kawm

Edit:

I also have access to a bunch of NOS (new in box) Crower camshafts, springs, rev kits and head stud girdles. Unfortunately they're all for SBC though. Any interest, let me know and I'll send a list. These are going real cheap!

Last edited by a moderator:
that's really cool, how are the tubes attached to the housing?

They appear to be just pressed in and secured by the bolts.

Back