anyone know an aftermarket shifter 4 console

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well

our stock shifter is beat. Does anyone know an aftermarket (B&M etc) for C6 that fits in full console? someone has to have fought this problem. Is our only choice stock shifter with console or aftermarket without console?
I was planning on going with a B&M Megashifter in mine, but for the time being, I'll be using the stock shifter from the '89 5.0 Mustang GT my AOD came out of (for simplicity purposes).

I would think that any floor-mounted shifter (one that doesn't require a raised bezel for functionality) should work. B&M makes several models from street to racing applications. Lokar and Hurst are others.

Good luck with your choice.

I'm not aware of any aftermarket shifters that will drop right in. And trust me you won't want to run without a console. What I did in my 73 Chevelle was buy another console and modified it so I could retain my original. I made some attachment brackets afterward because the console had to be moved back to accomodate the cable and B&M plus had to put a 3/4 x 3/4 notch in the shifter area of the console to allow getting into 1st gear. Really wasn't that bad a job.

183271716_o.jpgDSCN0547.JPGDSCN0564.JPGDSCN0567.JPGDSCN0568.JPGDSCN0570.JPGDSCN0620.JPG

Back