Allow me to Introduce myself!

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
My Car
1973 Mustang Mach 1 429 cu. in. C6 Auto
2007 Mustang GT Convertible 2002 Lincoln Continental
2006 Toyota Corolla S Type
2006 Honda Goldwing
Hello Fellow 7173'rs, My name is John, I live in Port Republic Md, Ive been a ford guy since I was a kid. I owned several mustang's and Gran Torino's in my life including a 73 Mach 1 about 25 years ago. Well I just bought another one about 2 weeks ago. Its a 1973 Mach 1 Blue w/ambient striping. It has a Ford racing Crate 429 in it that has been balanced and blued and a roller cam setup installed with less than 1k miles on it. Dont know much about the rest of the internals on it the owner didnt have the paperwork on Im guessing 550-600 HP. The tranny is a C6 with a reverse manual valve body and a 3500 stall whick is also supposed to have less than 1k miles on it. The rear is a 9" 28 spline, 3.90 Posi.

The interior has new carpet new seats and a new headliner so the big stuff is done just have some odds and ends to take care of in it The body is pretty solid with only a few rust and dent issues. I got her for $8000. Im restoring the car now not a concours or a rotis job. Just get everything right & safe on it!! I plan on it being a weekend cruiser and friday night Drag car.

At this point I have it up on jacks and have removed the entire suspension and am replacing everything. Next will be getting the body prepped for painting. I am going with the original color and striping. The blue and abient together look great. It has a set of old school American Racing wheels on it that Im going to polish up and keep on the car. Lots of work to do but Im enjoying every minute of it. I found this forum from a guy over on the Garage Journal forum. Well I gotta go got lots a work to do!!

Here are some Pic's:

008.JPG

009.JPG

010.JPG

011.JPG

012.JPG

016.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to the club from northern Nevada! Glad to have you here. Sounds like you've got a great ride there... take a look under the "More" dropdown box at the top of the page and click "Forum Help FAQs" for some help with posting pics. Can't wait to see what you've got!

Welcome from the land of nuts and fruits.

Sounds fast.

We are trying to get our hands around suspension kits, so please keep us informed in regards to:

1. Part #'s

2. Spring specs(especially UNINSTALLED spring height and diameter)

3. Amount of liquid/type/brand consumed

so we can properly budget our own projects.

Sounds sweet, I'd love to hear it. Mine makes me giggle.:p

Welcome from North Carolina! ::welcome:: Look forward to the interaction. Pics just came up. Sharp looking 73 you've got there.

Welcome to the club from northern Nevada! Glad to have you here. Sounds like you've got a great ride there... take a look under the "More" dropdown box at the top of the page and click "Forum Help FAQs" for some help with posting pics. Can't wait to see what you've got!
Thanks! Pic's are up! I normally on other forums just move them to snap fish and copy them from there!!! I'l figure that part out later!

Sounds fast.

We are trying to get our hands around suspension kits, so please keep us informed in regards to:

1. Part #'s

Will do on the info! I bought just a basicially stock kit though from Laurel Mountain Mustang. It does have larger F&R sway bars though. Also a new power steering box and odds and ends I bought from NPD.

Heres the one I bought it was $869 + $95 Shipping!

http://www.laurelmountainmustang.com/products/1971-1973-super-suspension-kit-sb

Welcome to the site from another Marylander. Car must scream with that engine.

Alan L
Thanks for the Welcome! Wow your pretty close about 30 miles. Feel free to come on down and give me a hand anytime you like!! :D

The 1st time I went to look at it my son and his daughter went with me. She's 4 when the guy fired the car up she shot across the parking lot! All I saw was butt and elbows!!!! Everytime I fire it up I get a Big O'le Smile on my face! Like this :D

Hello Fellow 7173'rs, My name is John, I live in Port Republic Md, Ive been a ford guy since I was a kid. I owned several mustang's and Gran Torino's in my life including a 73 Mach 1 about 25 years ago. Well I just bought another one about 2 weeks ago. Its a 1973 Mach 1 Blue w/ambient striping. It has a Ford racing Crate 429 in it that has been balanced and blued and a roller cam setup installed with less than 1k miles on it. Dont know much about the rest of the internals on it the owner didnt have the paperwork on Im guessing 550-600 HP. The tranny is a C6 with a reverse manual valve body and a 3500 stall whick is also supposed to have less than 1k miles on it. The rear is a 9" 28 spline, 3.90 Posi.

The interior has new carpet new seats and a new headliner so the big stuff is done just have some odds and ends to take care of in it The body is pretty solid with only a few rust and dent issues. I got her for $8000. Im restoring the car now not a concours or a rotis job. Just get everything right & safe on it!! I plan on it being a weekend cruiser and friday night Drag car.

At this point I have it up on jacks and have removed the entire suspension and am replacing everything. Next will be getting the body prepped for painting. I am going with the original color and striping. The blue and abient together look great. It has a set of old school American Racing wheels on it that Im going to polish up and keep on the car. Lots of work to do but Im enjoying every minute of it. I found this forum from a guy over on the Garage Journal forum. Well I gotta go got lots a work to do!!

Here are some Pic's:
Please tell me at least the engine needs to be rebuilt? When I read of someone finding a nice car like that with a 429 at that kind of price I feel bad about what I paid for mine. Beautiful car welcome from Washington State.

Jim

Welcome from the Eastern Shore, this is a great site, i check it everyday always something good to read.... the people on here CARE about our cars and answer any question you can come up with. I also have a 73 Mach1 basket case, will be a couple of years before it see the road but it will make it.

Thanks! Pic's are up! I normally on other forums just move them to snap fish and copy them from there!!! I'l figure that part out later!

Sounds fast.

1. Part #'s

Will do on the info! I bought just a basicially stock kit though from Laurel Mountain Mustang. It does have larger F&R sway bars though. Also a new power steering box and odds and ends I bought from NPD.

Heres the one I bought it was $869 + $95 Shipping!

http://www.laurelmountainmustang.com/products/1971-1973-super-suspension-kit-sb

Welcome to the site from another Marylander. Car must scream with that engine.

Alan L
Thanks for the Welcome! Wow your pretty close about 30 miles. Feel free to come on down and give me a hand anytime you like!! :D

The 1st time I went to look at it my son and his daughter went with me. She's 4 when the guy fired the car up she shot across the parking lot! All I saw was butt and elbows!!!! Everytime I fire it up I get a Big O'le Smile on my face! Like this :D
Welcome John. Glad you found your way over from GarageJournal.

Nice car.

T

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back