Foam rear seat Mach 1 1973

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
Mustang Mach 1 (1973)-351Ci-4V
Hi,

Next items bought i new to replace:

-upholstery seat covers front and rear seats

-bucket seats foams HI-back mach 1 front seats

-bucket seats listing rots

-plier and hog-rings

Where can I buy new foam for the rear seat?

Old foam that smells awful...very old milk carton smell

::help::

Hi,

Next items bought i new to replace:

-upholstery seat covers front and rear seats

-bucket seats foams HI-back mach 1 front seats

-bucket seats listing rots

-plier and hog-rings

Where can I buy new foam for the rear seat?

Old foam that smells awful...very old milk carton smell

::help::
Not reproduced (YET)

I took my original foam in to a fabric store and they matched it up for me, at a very reasonable price. You just buy it by the yard and then trim to match. The center hump is thinner, by the way.

Steve

I took my original foam in to a fabric store and they matched it up for me, at a very reasonable price. You just buy it by the yard and then trim to match. The center hump is thinner, by the way.

Steve
Yup; any upholstery shop can furnish you with foam. cut and trim to match.

I bought new foam for my front seats then cut up the old foam from the front and shaped it to fit the back seat. It was pretty easy and got the job done. It was even little thicker than the rear seat material.

I guess that would mean that you could buy the front seat foam new and cut it up to work as well!

I put my original foam in the washing machine, delicate cycle, no agitator , then into the dryer on super low heat and then removed slightly damp and let it air dry.

the foam actually sprung back up and the water that came off it in the washer was black

Latest posts

Back