Mustang paint, wheels, grill : I need your opinion

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sly_drums

Reaction score
My Car
72 Mustang Grande / 351 Clev. 2V + Weiand XCelerator intake + Holley 600 CFM carb
Hi guys, I need your opinion. I'm thinking about a new paint job for my 72 Grande, new wheels and a new front grill.

I recently came across a customized 67 Mustang in a TV show and really loved the paint the guys used ! I emailed them and they told me they used a Carizzma RM paint named "gold green".

Here are some pics :

mustang-290762.jpg

prorider-mustang-1967-ptrs-2008-4.jpg

mustang-coupe-1967-pro-rider-7.jpg

At first I wanted to keep my Mustang red or maybe orange but now I want to do something different, and I think this paint is a perfect alternative to a "simple" black paint.

As I have the NASA hood, I'd like to have it painted matt black, not sure though.

I want to add 15x7 Magnum wheels to this and a Mach 1 grill (my current grill is broken so I'm going to change it).

Does it sound good to you ? What do you think of the paint choice ?

Last edited by a moderator:
While I am not a real big fan of the 17"+ wheels, I think those look good and our body style allows for a bigger wheel look without making it a focal point.

That green reminds me of a 66 Tbird I had, real similar to the factory color. I like it all!

Prior to deciding on a paint color, I suggest you decide on a vinyl top color and interior color.

Prior to deciding on a wheel/wheel size, I suggest deciding on a tire/tire size.

Being of the Polish persuasion, I tend to work backwards, but with good reason.

I believe you are more limited on vinyl/interior colors then paint, so I would first chose vinyl/interior, and select a complimenting paint. I also believe you are more limited on tire/tire size than wheels. Find a tire/tire size that gives you the look and performance you want. Then you can pick your wheel. There are some nice, but pricey, 16, 17, & 18 magnums out there. I have posted photos in various threads here.

Caveat...apparently NEWGEN wheels has some credibility issues. Be forewarned with them....http://www.yellowbullet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=464178.

Good luck.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ahah I guess the color is you love or hate it :) I'm no particular fan of brown/green paints but that one had something special that I instantly liked on the Mustang ! Still I need to think about it a bit more, and decide myself.

I already have new tires which are 225/60R15 UNIROYAL Rain Expert : no vintage american tires but they drive amazingly on european roads and they "handle" rain very well. I'll just want to replace my current wheels when time will come.

Back