No play-time

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1972 MACH 1
2019 F150
Having problems with my house HVAC system and bad news will need a complete a/c and furnace system. It's the only thing in the house never replaced. Now have no $$$$ to play and work on the car. Losing all this great weather not being able to cruise and upgrade. not a happy fellow right now. Need 10K to replace and wiffey said trade the Stang... So you know I sent her to her room. Told her to trade her Diamond..lol

Alan L

I know how you feel, but in my case the little woman has to have a kitchen and you know the way to a mans heart is through his mustang but the stomach is a close second. She would never ask me to sell my car for it but she said if I want to eat I gotta get it fixed, as luck would have it I can do the repairs myself but still takes a lot of money so I better get to work.

Tough news! Our developement is only 7 years old and I already noticed at least three of my neighbors have replaced the HVAC units. Scary thought as to what that would cost. You can still tinker on your Mustang anyway until some funds break loose.

I had the same problem last year. We have multiple HVAC systems in our house and the downstairs unti went out last year. Do some shopping around and get multiple quotes, you would be suprised how much they can vary. Another plus is to negotiate in an annual service contract for 3 years. That way they can come out and change the filters and check the system over. I kept my old furnace and outside compressor for the garage. I just need to get a new coil and I can get the garage heated and cooled (someday). Talk to some friends in your area as well. Sometimes you can find someone who does it on the side and does charge the company rate. There is a HUGE markup in HVAC systems!

Having problems with my house HVAC system and bad news will need a complete a/c and furnace system. It's the only thing in the house never replaced. Now have no $$$$ to play and work on the car. Losing all this great weather not being able to cruise and upgrade. not a happy fellow right now. Need 10K to replace and wiffey said trade the Stang... So you know I sent her to her room. Told her to trade her Diamond..lol

Alan L
Hi Alan

I recently replaced mine and learned a thing or two from a close friend. Carrier, Bryant and Train are top of the line units. Rheem is just as good, but not as fancy to look at and usually cheaper. I say ground her for at least a week for saying such a horrific thing. Hope it helps.

Alan L
Hi Alan

I recently replaced mine and learned a thing or two from a close friend. Carrier, Bryant and Train are top of the line units. Rheem is just as good, but not as fancy to look at and usually cheaper. I say ground her for at least a week for saying such a horrific thing. Hope it helps.
My brother is in the business and said the same thing.

Of course Home Depot had 18000 BTU window units on sale and 2 or three would tide you over til fall for a lot less if your heat is still functional. Maybe not what you want, but I'll take a window unit over giving up my Mustang.

Too bad you dont live near me. My brother is in that line of work and def wouldnt charge you anywhere near 10k

Too bad you dont live near me. My brother is in that line of work and def wouldnt charge you anywhere near 10k
Oh yeah Mike, my brother can beat up your brother :D
Boys, Boys, Boys!!! Lets All Play Nice Together,,,,,Besides,,,, My Brother Can Beat Up Both Your Guys Brothers With One Hand Tied Behind His Back,,,Blindfolded....HA!::blah:: And He Is a Machinist

Last edited by a moderator:
Back