eBay score

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
72 Mach 1 H-Code (Concourse)
67 GT S-Code 4sp
A couple of weeks ago I had been watching a posting for some sport wheel covers. I party out of TX listed the wheel covers for $79. It looked like two of the four where in show quality condition (no scratches or dents in the chrome), but I was not going to pay that much for 2 good covers. I emailed the seller after it did not sell from its posting and offered less and I would pay for the shipping. They accepted and about a week later a VERY large box arrived at my house. I noted the shipping address from the seller. When I opened the box it included the sport wheel covers and four very nice date coded 1973 steel 14 OE wheels. No rust or bent lips on the wheels. I did not expect the wheels in addition to the wheel covers. It just made the purchase all the more the sweeter. I may be selling the steel wheels after I confirm my wheels are true and can be cleaned up with a media blast. I think I have about 4 complete sets of the shallow Sport Wheel covers now and of that I have one set that is show quality. I also have a complete set +2 of the deep dish sport wheel covers as well. Once the car is completed I imagine I will have a pretty big garage cleaning sale for everyone here to look over.

Sounds like a great score!

I'm still debating with myself as what to do with the 4 original steel wheels and tires I took off mine when I upgraded to the 73 Ford Aluminun wheels. I have about 7 of the sports wheel covers too. I may decide to sell them, but not sure.

From my experience, original steel wheels are more rare by a factor of 10 than the Magnum or Slotted.

I found them to be most useful when installing a new front end. When the front end was rubbing on my Magnum's, I thought the offset on the Magnum's might be wrong. Installed the original wheels, and the problem was WORSE. So, you might want to keep a wheel.

Piece of crap aftermarket parts makers.

Back