'73 Gold Glow Mach 1 owner in the PNW.

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
My Car
'73 gold glow Mach 1
'73 phoenix red Porsche 914
'06 go-mango Daytona Charger
'60 Piper Comanche
Hello everyone! This is a great site! It has motivated me to work on my Mustang that I have owned for the past eleven years. I recently installed a carpet kit, headliner, reapholstered the front driver seat, installed an original AM radio, and a rear bumper. I will post some pics soon. I'm on the hunt for the factory forged wheels. I need to get a full Marti report to make sure that's what it came with. It has 14" mag 500's right now. I enjoy driving the Mustang almost as much as flying my '60 Piper Comanche, which is gold too. Pics coming soon.

Again, thanks to all for such a great site,

Kevin

IMAG0032.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome Kevin! Well played first 3 posts by the way! ;)

Post some pics of both the car and the plane.

Welcome to the forums! Glad to have you aboard!

::welcome::

WELCOME aboard, Kevin!

As already stated or inferred, your FIRST couple of posts were MONSTER.

As to the forged aluminum wheels, I seem to recall that one of our Sponsors (Motor City Mustang) was advertising a set not too long ago.

I am really looking forward to interacting with you on the individual Forums.

Again, welcome!

BT

Hello Kevin and welcome. I love the gold glow Mach 1's. This site is a great motivator. My Mustang has been dormant since 1987. It is now up and running with a freshly built 351C-4V. I get it back from the paint and body shop in about 2 weeks. I see you are from Boeing country up there in Everett - my favorite employer!

How does the air speed of a Piper Comanche compare with the air speed of an African Swallow?

Mind if I ask your age, and how long you have had the Comanche?

Last edited by a moderator:
How does the air speed of a Piper Comanche compare with the air speed of an African Swallow?

Mind if I ask your age, and how long you have had the Comanche?
Cruise speed is 160 mph burning about 8.5 gallons an hour at 8500 ft. I have had the Comanche about ten years. I'm 39. I was born in 1973 and that's the year of my Mustang. I didn't plan it that way but I thought it was kinda neat. Then one day I'm cleaning the front valance and see the date 4 13 stamped in to it. That's my birthday! I guess we were destined to be.:D I will post pics of my Mustang. I really do have one, just no pics on this computer.:s Just to keep this Mustang related the wing of the Comanche is the same NACA laminar airfoil as the legendary North American P-51 Mustang.

2q05z6s.jpg

24q4dur.jpg

szvgon.jpg

Hi from Otsego Minnesota! You'll see me around as the little sis trying to learn a thing or two from her new big brothers. I just read a thread about 2v and 4v heads and it gave me the giggles. But this is the language I've always wanted to learn, so if I keep spying on all you guys' threads, I should be speaking it fluently soon. I just wish my mechanic was awake right now so I can ask him to explain some of this stuff. :p

Welcome...Good to see more Wa state stangs on here....From a small town called benton city..Dout most have heard of it..lol...Thats a nice looking plane you have sir...and cant wait too see pics of the stang too

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back