New to forums and starting a project.

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

72Rustang302

Reaction score
My Car
1972 Hardtop 302
Nothing special. Very rusty. Very dirty. Currently rebuilding engine.

My name is John. This is me and my baby. This is my first car. I got her when I was 16 and she was my daily driver for a couple years. To make a long story short it got left sitting in my parents' back yard rotting away while I went to school, ironically, to work on cars. The engine seized from rust after sitting with no carburetor. The car was about 6" underground when I pulled it out and moved it to the driveway. Thus begins project Rustang.

Left.jpg

My 72 Mustang
(67 Cutlass Convertible in the back)

Could be worse...could be a Chevy.

We have a SoCal owner who got a free 351 with about 8 quarts of water in the oil pan. Watch his video when he checks in.

It's nice seeing and hearing about projects that started off worse than mine. It gives me a sense of hope.

If you look around here, there are some guys that LITERALLY started with a set of wheels, and built a Mustang around the wheels.

Okay, literally is TOO strong, but certainly 80% of the metal in the finished product was not original to the car.

These guys would turn your car into showroom condition in a couple of weeks. Of course, they have barns and no life.

I'll definitely keep you guys posted. I'll start a new thread for all that fun stuff. So far all I've done is pull the motor. I also scored a set of D0OE-C 351w heads that need some tlc.

Welcome the site from Virginia! Looking forward to seeing more pics and hearing about your progress. So who is going to restore the Cutlass?

Welcome the site from Virginia! Looking forward to seeing more pics and hearing about your progress. So who is going to restore the Cutlass?
The Cutlass is my dad's. That's actually what I used to drive before I found my Mustang. He has plans for the Cutlass but right now he's driving a 69 Olds' Ninety Eight and he's working on a VW bus.

::welcome:: from East Tn and we all started somewhere. Some better than others. But all had to start with what we had. Good luck its all worth it when its done

my mustang 033.jpg

Welcome from North Carolina from a poser barn owner. DSCN1139.JPG Don't worry, there is nothing that can't be fixed with the knowledge on this site! Good luck

Welcome from North Carolina from a poser barn owner.
rofl

Don't worry, there is nothing that can't be fixed with the knowledge on this site! Good luck
Ain't that the truth!

Welcome from West Texas. I'm one of those guy whose project started out WAY worse than yours - except that I have no barn, and 'somewhat' of a life ;) . You're in good hands here with all the knowledge, experience, and brotherhood offered by everybody here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back