New to forums and starting a project.

72Rustang302

My name is John. This is me and my baby. This is my first car. I got her when I was 16 and she was my daily driver for a couple years. To make a long story short it got left sitting in my parents' back yard rotting away while I went to school, ironically, to work on cars. The engine seized from rust after sitting with no carburetor. The car was about 6" underground when I pulled it out and moved it to the driveway. Thus begins project Rustang.

Left.jpg

My 72 Mustang (67 Cutlass Convertible in the back)

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Could be worse...could be a Chevy.

We have a SoCal owner who got a free 351 with about 8 quarts of water in the oil pan. Watch his video when he checks in.

11jmcuc.png

351C Bold Manners, Brash Attitude

Favorite Teams: Michigan Wolverines and Whoever Is Playing Ohio State.

When I drive past a herd of cows, the cows MOO at me

If you look around here, there are some guys that LITERALLY started with a set of wheels, and built a Mustang around the wheels.

Okay, literally is TOO strong, but certainly 80% of the metal in the finished product was not original to the car.

These guys would turn your car into showroom condition in a couple of weeks. Of course, they have barns and no life.

11jmcuc.png

I'll definitely keep you guys posted. I'll start a new thread for all that fun stuff. So far all I've done is pull the motor. I also scored a set of D0OE-C 351w heads that need some tlc.

Welcome the site from Virginia! Looking forward to seeing more pics and hearing about your progress. So who is going to restore the Cutlass?

Mike AKA Ole Pony & Rare Pony
Our current Mustang garage/driveway
1973 Mustang Convert - Bought in 1974 - Still have it!
2004 Mach 1 Oxford White Auto, Bought Sept 06

20180127_082009.jpg

Welcome the site from Virginia! Looking forward to seeing more pics and hearing about your progress. So who is going to restore the Cutlass?

The Cutlass is my dad's. That's actually what I used to drive before I found my Mustang. He has plans for the Cutlass but right now he's driving a 69 Olds' Ninety Eight and he's working on a VW bus.

Welcome from Phoenix. I have heard about rust and seen pictures... ;)

'Mike'

73 Convertible - 351C/4V CC heads/4bolt/forged flat tops/comp 270/rhodes/mallory unilite/tri-power/hookers/glasspacks/c6/3.50 limited slip/Gear Vendors/Global West sub frames, strut rods and shelby style traction bars/ Rear sway bar/tilt steering (not original)

Pics of modifications included in: [button=http://www.7173mustangs.com/thread-1973-convertible--3335]My Garage[/button]

Welcome to the site from west Michigan.

[align=left]Jeff T.

When I die I want to die like grandpa, peacefully in my sleep... not screaming, like his passengers. [/align]

Welcome from North Carolina from a poser barn owner. DSCN1139.thumb.JPG.ecf76afc6602bc36ffe8319b17d12eb4.JPG Don't worry, there is nothing that can't be fixed with the knowledge on this site! Good luck

2rr7aiv.png

Just cruising along minding our own business when BAM!!! The LAWS show up.

Welcome from North Carolina from a poser barn owner.

rofl

Don't worry, there is nothing that can't be fixed with the knowledge on this site! Good luck

Ain't that the truth!

Welcome from West Texas. I'm one of those guy whose project started out WAY worse than yours - except that I have no barn, and 'somewhat' of a life ;) . You're in good hands here with all the knowledge, experience, and brotherhood offered by everybody here.

Eric

mach1sig2.gif

Hey John, This is John!! ::welcome:: from southern MD!

1973 Mach 1 429 cu. in. H.P. TBD, C6 Reverse Manual Valve with 3500 Stall Tranny, 9" rear 3.90 PosiTrac

2007 Mustang GT Convertible Premium

11jmcuc.png