Time to (UPDATED 3/1/2014) contribute some pics

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1972 Mach 1
1976 Ford F150 4X4
1994 Caprice Wagon LT1
2004 Ford Focus ZX5
Ok guys I've collected some pics of our project and I figured its time to post some Pics. Just a re cap on the history of this car. It was my first car purchased in 1982, I was just about 16 years.My Oldest brother has a body shop and he would take me to work on weekends and summers as a kid. I worked for him about 5 years after High school. I actually did a 1 year tech program at a local tech school in Auto body. Front clip was badly rusted. aprons, towers, cowl, radiator, support, you all know the drill. I purchased this clip from a cougar savage place in oregon. Its in pretty good shape. I'm sandblasting at the present time and hope to Rust bullet and blackshell with in the week. This is a family project and 2 of my three sons are in a couple pics. My oldest son is helping as well. He had a malignant brain tumor removed in November so this is extra special when he gets to help. He has pushed me to get this project going because he loves the mustang. Im going to post with tiny pic so I hope they all come through ok. Please feel free to comment as I know some of you have done similar project. I learn everyday and I have already learned a few tricks from some of you guys.

2rc1qtu.jpg

Mustang coming Home

b5gweh.jpg

Into the Garage

rm4nsx.jpg

On the frame Jig

ib9lky.jpg

another jig and rust pic

dniucz.jpg

New clip

2heknex.jpg

Say hello to my new little friend.. Love it

14mx479.jpg

Addition Frame jig supports

1ymhbl.jpg

more jig supports

24ndx7l.jpg

Frame measurements thanks to Markmel/aka Marks73 (I Think)

14mm93.jpg

My Oldest Ethan doing a little cutting before we remove the clip

10fdh8z.jpg

1z49uko.jpg

mazdhv.jpg

Thought you might like to see the T-shirts we made up for Team Ethan after his brain tumor was removed. Don't tell the suits from Ford they will probably sue for copy right infringement. Im the guy in the back with glasses. The rest of the team is my family and Mallory's (Ethans wife) Family. Just so happens My #2 son dates Mallory's Sister. And that families name.. you ready.... Cleaveland yes My nick name for Jenna the sister is 351.

bhyq92.jpg

Ethan and Jonah(son #3) getting ready for removal

5wbewg.jpg

old clip off

2lupd28.jpg

car after removal

14tu847.jpg

Old rust clip

2u7nkwl.jpg

New clip prep spot weld drilling and etc

345lvki.jpg

more prep

214tus9.jpg

chassis prep for clip install

Ok they you go I'll try to post some more pics next year sometime :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Now THAT'S how you replace a front clip! Makes me think I did mine all wrong now. ;)

Best wishes for Ethan - tell him we're all pulling for him.

WOW - one just never knows what is really taking place around you!

Great work on the Mach 1.

All the best to Ethan and to the whole family. As I am sure you know patience (Ro. 5:4) is cheerful endurance. Now why wouldn't anyone want that!

I have a vert that someone else started and I think they welded the inner rockers wrong and the body is belly down a little so I have to do the same jig to fix it...dread all that work but it will be worth t in the end

Thanks for sharing!! my cousins best freind come down with a bad brain tumor..They cant operate on it...Gave him only a few months to live....So my cousin helped get his old road runner on the road for him..Too keep his mind off what was going on with him....They got it runing good...440 with 415 hp at the rear tire in a 1970 road runner..Its a beast....15 years later he is still going!! He has some bad days...But the doctors keep saying its impossible he is alive still...Well..Never count how how tuff a person is...God will take you when your ready....I think the car and alot of the project kept him going in a way.

Btw Are you keeping the mustang a red head... Or do you got plans to change the color? And what code was she?

WOW - one just never knows what is really taking place around you!

Great work on the Mach 1.

All the best to Ethan and to the whole family. As I am sure you know patience (Ro. 5:4) is cheerful endurance. Now why wouldn't anyone want that!

That is Ethan's personal verse he selected before the surgery. Mallory's dad is a pastor in Ft Wayne IN. As for patience I cant wait to get it :)

Thanks for sharing your story and pics. Looks like Ethan is doing well judging from his use of the cutting wheel.
He is doing well. He was able to continue his education and finished up his degree at IPFW in Mechanical Engineering Technology on May 9th. He is doing some type of therapy called Avastin, just started Wednesday. He has a slight inflamed area in the resected area and Cleveland clinic is using the avastin to clear it up. Thought I would get a little technical with you because of your background. Its all greek to me, I just smile and Pray hard and enjoy little things this life bring.

Thanks for sharing!! my cousins best freind come down with a bad brain tumor..They cant operate on it...Gave him only a few months to live....So my cousin helped get his old road runner on the road for him..Too keep his mind off what was going on with him....They got it runing good...440 with 415 hp at the rear tire in a 1970 road runner..Its a beast....15 years later he is still going!! He has some bad days...But the doctors keep saying its impossible he is alive still...Well..Never count how how tuff a person is...God will take you when your ready....I think the car and alot of the project kept him going in a way.

Btw Are you keeping the mustang a red head... Or do you got plans to change the color? And what code was she?
Thanks for the encouragement, When I purchased the car it was light pewter metalic. My brother has a thing for candy apple red . When we repainted it in 82 he convinced me to paint it Candy Apple red. That was the color it was when I was in high school so thats what it will be. all my memories were made in a red car. Its a 63R Mach 1 with and H code. It will not be concourse correct. Upgrades planned for motor,Trans and suspension and interior.

"He is doing well. He was able to continue his education and finished up his degree at IPFW in Mechanical Engineering Technology on May 9th. He is doing some type of therapy called Avastin, just started Wednesday. He has a slight inflamed area in the resected area and Cleveland clinic is using the avastin to clear it up. Thought I would get a little technical with you because of your background. Its all greek to me, I just smile and Pray hard and enjoy little things this life bring."

I salute you, GoTime. With your permission, I'd like to allow some of the prayer groups that I know pray for Ethan's continued improvement.

"He is doing well. He was able to continue his education and finished up his degree at IPFW in Mechanical Engineering Technology on May 9th. He is doing some type of therapy called Avastin, just started Wednesday. He has a slight inflamed area in the resected area and Cleveland clinic is using the avastin to clear it up. Thought I would get a little technical with you because of your background. Its all greek to me, I just smile and Pray hard and enjoy little things this life bring."

I salute you, GoTime. With your permission, I'd like to allow some of the prayer groups that I know pray for Ethan's continued improvement.
That would be greatly appreciated Thank you

Here are some more Pics from the last few weeks.

Same old cowl rot you all know about

2n7gl75.jpg

2h7ky92.jpg

Patch installed

2d93hbt.jpg

Blasting the clip

m65nt.jpg

2yxhj79.jpg

k03m81.jpg

34oajko.jpg

Sanded with 80 Grit on the DA, Wax and grease remover, Rust Bullet Metal Blast and then Rust Bullet Automotive- 2 coats. Black shell tomorrow evening

20fddft.jpg

2ezr13k.jpg

2lsb0y1.jpg

2hq5u9s.jpg

Back