429 valve covers

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1973 Mustang Mach 1 429 cu. in. C6 Auto
2007 Mustang GT Convertible 2002 Lincoln Continental
2006 Toyota Corolla S Type
2006 Honda Goldwing
Im a virgin with BBF Engines. I grew up with Clevelands! And I always had finned valve covers on them. I've searched Al Gore's entire internet and havent seen any!!! Doi they make them for the 429/460?

Some aftermarket valve covers are made but I haven't seen any finned ones. Very hard to find stuff for the BBF's, I've noticed. You can try asking on www.429-460.com or one of the other BBF forums.
Thanks! I'll give it a shot! Geez another forum I gotta join!!! :(

Im a virgin with BBF Engines. I grew up with Clevelands! And I always had finned valve covers on them. I've searched Al Gore's entire internet and havent seen any!!! Doi they make them for the 429/460?
Mustangs Unlimited has them. $239.00, there is a set of originals on E-bay,bid starting at $239.00

Original finned 429 valve covers would be expensive if you could find them.

http://429mustangcougarinfo.50megs.com/new_page_3.htm
I want these! Now just gotta find a pair!!

71valvecoversgood.jpg

Mustangs Unlimited has them. $239.00, there is a set of originals on E-bay,bid starting at $239.00
Man I love this forum! Just ask a question and get answers!

I really like the Cobra ones!!! THANKS ALOT!!!

Their a little further down the road to purchase but marked the page, gotta get the car road worthy and painted first! ::chili::

Last edited by a moderator:
Since I don't have a Cobra Jet engine I didn't want them to say Cobra. Just Ford Racing, I guess that's where I'm going wrong?
Well I really dont know what my 429 started as. All I know is that is was a Ford Racing Crate motor. It was disassemled and balanced and blued and a roller cam system was installed sooo it could be a CJ or SCJ motor :huh:

I have the original aluminum valve covers but since I'm not doing a restoration to original I will gladly part with mine and take something in return if there is anyone who's interested... Ford racing aluminum covers preferably. Only thing is that I sit in Sweden but hey it won't cost a fortune to ship it across the ocean. ;)

Back