• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to 7173 Mustangs.com and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

craigslist 72 mach 1

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kevin - you are much more experienced that I, but I would respectfully disagree. No under hood pics - cowl could be an issue (although the trunk looks great, but why the 2x4?), as well as the motor itself. 351cj? Not familiar with that engine. 351HO, maybe?

No interior pics. Obviously crashed hard into the front passenger side. Frame issues?

If I could see it in person, I might agree 100%, or more. But from this distance, I'd be very hesitant.

Kevin - you are much more experienced that I, but I would respectfully disagree. No under hood pics - cowl could be an issue (although the trunk looks great, but why the 2x4?), as well as the motor itself. 351cj? Not familiar with that engine. 351HO, maybe?

No interior pics. Obviously crashed hard into the front passenger side. Frame issues?

If I could see it in person, I might agree 100%, or more. But from this distance, I'd be very hesitant.
Your right but if it is a true 4speed and mach 1 and theres not a ton of rust might be worth looking at . Just thought i would post it up. They are getting harder to find everyday. And I have seen worse LOL!

Your right but if it is a true 4speed and mach 1 and theres not a ton of rust might be worth looking at . Just thought i would post it up. They are getting harder to find everyday. And I have seen worse LOL!
You're absolutely right. A good look might show that it's a great deal. Especially as our 'Stangs get more rare every day. And like you said, there have been much more worse projects tackled by our members. Much worse... and my hat is off to them. For me, personally, I couldn't do it. But again, it may mostly be cosmetic issues. Good to see that someone tried to keep it and restore it.

reringing and bearings to me means the engine was put back together as cheaply as possible by the builder. Not always true as I did just that in my boat engine a couple of years ago, but it is a 350 SB Chevy so who cares (and the bores were perfect)

It tells me everything has been done on the cheap so look at it as if everything will need to be redone because it probably will.

"as well as the motor itself. 351cj? Not familiar with that engine. 351HO, maybe?"

1972 Q code 351CJ = 351 Cobra Jet Great engine!

Sorry if I misunderstood. I hope this helps.

Ray

Thanks

"as well as the motor itself. 351cj? Not familiar with that engine. 351HO, maybe?"

1972 Q code 351CJ = 351 Cobra Jet Great engine!

Sorry if I misunderstood. I hope this helps.

Ray
Thanks, Ray. I guess I'm not on top of the Cleveland optioned engines as I should be. I appreciate your input and PM ,sir!

Weren't there early 71 351cj's??

Back