Occupations

RocketFoot

So, what do you guys do to help support your Mustang addictions?

I am a Heavy Duty Parts Manager for Mack, Volvo and UD/Nissan Diesel Trucks. I also specialize in antique Mack parts. I work for a Mack dealer in South Western Pa and we ship antique Mack parts all over the world. We also handle parts, sales and service for New Macks, Volvos and UD! Keeps me pretty busy but allows me a lot of time on the keyboard to manage the dealership website, forum and some of my other projects (like this! LOL)

So that's enough about me...how about you guys?

spacer.png

I am RETIRED from any formal job!

Did thirty (30) years in the military - - retired in 1995. Just completed (a year ago) 15 years as an investigator for the U.S. Treasury.

That having been said, I am GAINFULLY employed pursuing the "hobbies" I had placed on hold while I traveled around the world, both in the military and as a Federal employee.

I strongly recommend retirement!!

BT

Do the RIGHT thing.

So, what do you guys do to help support your Mustang addictions?

I am a Heavy Duty Parts Manager for Mack, Volvo and UD/Nissan Diesel Trucks. I also specialize in antique Mack parts. I work for a Mack dealer in South Western Pa and we ship antique Mack parts all over the world. We also handle parts, sales and service for New Macks, Volvos and UD! Keeps me pretty busy but allows me a lot of time on the keyboard to manage the dealership website, forum and some of my other projects (like this! LOL)

So that's enough about me...how about you guys?

I've been a welder and fitter most of my life. I've now been at caterpillar (Decatur)for 10 yr's as an assembler. Just took a weld test so I may be getting back in to that. No retirement in sight. MB

My garage http://www.7173mustangs.com/forum-garage?filterxt_uid=40

73 mach 1 351c 4v cc ported, torker2, 750 edelbrock,C6.

73 fastback 351c 2v,performer intake,600 edelbrock,fmx, 325 trac-lok.

Welder here also.I work in ornamental ironworks and stainless steel railings.We also do structural steel.I built myself a coal forge but the neighbors are probably not to crazy about the smell and smoke so I don't use it as much as I would like to.Wish our house was in the country not suburbs

Eric

[button=http://www.7173mustangs.com/forum-garage?filterxt_uid=45]Visit My Garage[/button]

a58hgh.jpg

DRIVE IT DON'T STORE IT!

I've been a welder and fitter most of my life. I've now been at caterpillar (Decatur)for 10 yr's as an assembler. Just took a weld test so I may be getting back in to that. No retirement in sight. MB

I hear ya...retirement for me will be when they put me in the box!

spacer.png

Yet ANOTHER BBF man!

A sincere WELCOME to the Board.

To respond to your question, I have a '73 MACH I that I have owned since it was originally built. In fact, it was built to my specifications and exported to me into the Philippines - - I was on active duty.

Also have a big block (472) '73 Grande.

Look forward to interacting with you!

BT

Do the RIGHT thing.

About me? I'm studying to become an X-Ray tech....but I do know hard work. For over five years I was a garbage man driving a side loader, before that, I worked in industrial HVAC, and then ther were the many years I worked for the old man.........

MachMan...your a stones thow away, I'm over here in Champaign-Urbana.

I have been working with my dad's voice/data communications company for 7 years or so now. We install, test and service communication systems (phone/speaker systems, fiberoptic and wireless internet systems etc.) mostly in larger buildings throughout NYC and LI. I have also been working at a local speed parts shop for 3 years mostly on the weekends and during school.

I've always been fascinated by welding. My grandfather was a welder for Con Edison and my uncle is today. I bought a MIG welder earlier this year when my grandfather passed, and I'm starting to get pretty good at it. What process(es) of welding do you guys do?

I have always have worked on something mechanical. First job at a bicycle shop, then after that started the auto body shop jobs ranging from collision work to customs to a corvette restoration shop. Yes, it does suck to be working on only corvettes everyday, but it seems the people who can afford the work aren't influenced by the economy and their money simply becomes my money and gets my 'stang one more part to use or another gallon of gas in the tank!

Executioners Racing

Former toolmaker / machinist / CMM programmer. Now working for a general purpose engine manufacturer.

[align=left]Jeff T.

When I die I want to die like grandpa, peacefully in my sleep... not screaming, like his passengers. [/align]

I have been working with my dad's voice/data communications company for 7 years or so now. We install, test and service communication systems (phone/speaker systems, fiberoptic and wireless internet systems etc.) mostly in larger buildings throughout NYC and LI. I have also been working at a local speed parts shop for 3 years mostly on the weekends and during school.

I've always been fascinated by welding. My grandfather was a welder for Con Edison and my uncle is today. I bought a MIG welder earlier this year when my grandfather passed, and I'm starting to get pretty good at it. What process(es) of welding do you guys do?

I weld mig ,tig. stick ,aluminum {mig & tig} stainless steel ,and used to do brazing but it has been a while.

Eric

[button=http://www.7173mustangs.com/forum-garage?filterxt_uid=45]Visit My Garage[/button]

a58hgh.jpg

DRIVE IT DON'T STORE IT!

Me? I'm a high school vice principal in northern Nevada, and before that taught science for 13 years. Started out in the Navy as a corpsman (medic) stationed mostly with the Marines and SeaBees.

My wife and I have been pretty free-spirited, living in Hawaii, Florida, Montana, and Washington state, so no retirement pension for a while.:)

Doc

Doc

Project started 8-7-10

Completed: All new suspension, rebuilt 351C H Code bored .030 over with mild cam and intake, new 3.50 TracLok, custom exhaust system

Current "mini-project": interior upgrade :-/

[button=http://www.7173mustangs.com/forum-garage?filterxt_uid=76]Doc's Garage[/button][button=http://www.7173mustangs.com/thread-1973-mustang-convertible-restoration-and-modification]Doc's Wiki[/button]

Recently got out of the Marines, headed back to school to actually get certified instead of being the guy who can work on everything but doesnt get paid as much as most of the master techs out there. Worked in and out of dealerships even while i was in the Marines. Went in to the custom world because i got sick of the standard maintance and started crossing over. More recently have been building custom buggys and rock trucks, high speed desert trucks and vehicals.

Cory

Did 10 years in the Air Force as a Computer Mainframe operator/Communications Center operator/COMPUSEC Manager. Then became a computer maintenance technician for a contractor company after I got out, migrating into System Administration/Webmastering at the same base where I separated for about 11 years. 3 years ago, I took a job as the IT Security Manager for the base, as a Civil Service employee.

Even though I'll technically be eligible for retirement in 7 years (thanks to active duty time still counting because I didn't retire from the USAF), I will not be ready to hang it up yet... so I'll be working for quite awhile as well.

... unless I hit the lottery, then I'll be phoning in my resignation of course. :D

Eric

mach1sig2.gif

I work in IT for a large financial services firm in Des Moines, Iowa. I've held various other positions, including jewelery sales, computer training sales, retail, and collections, before I decided to go back to school and getting a degree in a field that I really love.

Lean Six Sigma consultant at PPG.

spacer.png
1931 Ford Model A Station Wagon
1969 Mach 1 - 351C, TKO-600, 4WDB, R&P, A/C, Shaker, Fold Down, etc.
1972 Mach 1 - 351C, FMX, PDB, PS, A/C, Fold Down, Console
1996 Mustang Cobra Convertible - 10psi Procharger, 436rwhp

• 1 month later...

Currently an Army Officer, just dropped my retirement last week after 24 years. Bought my 73 after my first deployment to Afghanistan in 2002 and financed her reserection with two additional trips to the Middle East (thank goodness for tax exemptions!!) Still trying to grasp what it will be like to actually have to buy real clothing for the next phase of life.:D

Update: Well as soon as my retirement hit the system, the Army offered to keep us posted where we are for a few more years rather then sending us to El Paso, TX. Since I'd rather be in Iraq or anywhere else than El Paso, we decided to stay on active duty for a little while longer. We kinda like the job security and the school systems here are fantastic for the kids so we are going to continue to "pad the retirement". My new job will have me traveling and training units preping for deployments and gives me a great chance go find parts all over the states and maybe have a beer with a few of you.

Marty