Occupations

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RocketFoot

Stangin' ain't easy but somebody gotta do it!
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mach 1
So, what do you guys do to help support your Mustang addictions?

I am a Heavy Duty Parts Manager for Mack, Volvo and UD/Nissan Diesel Trucks. I also specialize in antique Mack parts. I work for a Mack dealer in South Western Pa and we ship antique Mack parts all over the world. We also handle parts, sales and service for New Macks, Volvos and UD! Keeps me pretty busy but allows me a lot of time on the keyboard to manage the dealership website, forum and some of my other projects (like this! LOL)

So that's enough about me...how about you guys?

I am RETIRED from any formal job!

Did thirty (30) years in the military - - retired in 1995. Just completed (a year ago) 15 years as an investigator for the U.S. Treasury.

That having been said, I am GAINFULLY employed pursuing the "hobbies" I had placed on hold while I traveled around the world, both in the military and as a Federal employee.

I strongly recommend retirement!!

BT

So, what do you guys do to help support your Mustang addictions?

I am a Heavy Duty Parts Manager for Mack, Volvo and UD/Nissan Diesel Trucks. I also specialize in antique Mack parts. I work for a Mack dealer in South Western Pa and we ship antique Mack parts all over the world. We also handle parts, sales and service for New Macks, Volvos and UD! Keeps me pretty busy but allows me a lot of time on the keyboard to manage the dealership website, forum and some of my other projects (like this! LOL)

So that's enough about me...how about you guys?
I've been a welder and fitter most of my life. I've now been at caterpillar (Decatur)for 10 yr's as an assembler. Just took a weld test so I may be getting back in to that. No retirement in sight. MB

Last edited by a moderator:
Welder here also.I work in ornamental ironworks and stainless steel railings.We also do structural steel.I built myself a coal forge but the neighbors are probably not to crazy about the smell and smoke so I don't use it as much as I would like to.Wish our house was in the country not suburbs

I've been a welder and fitter most of my life. I've now been at caterpillar (Decatur)for 10 yr's as an assembler. Just took a weld test so I may be getting back in to that. No retirement in sight. MB
I hear ya...retirement for me will be when they put me in the box!

Hi All,

I am an EMT by trade have been for several years. I got into my Mach1"s back in 1980. How long have had yours?

Mike

Hi All,

I am an EMT by trade have been for several years. I got into my Mach1"s back in 1980. How long have had yours?

Mike
Welcome to the forums! Glad to have you aboard!

Yet ANOTHER BBF man!

A sincere WELCOME to the Board.

To respond to your question, I have a '73 MACH I that I have owned since it was originally built. In fact, it was built to my specifications and exported to me into the Philippines - - I was on active duty.

Also have a big block (472) '73 Grande.

Look forward to interacting with you!

BT

About me? I'm studying to become an X-Ray tech....but I do know hard work. For over five years I was a garbage man driving a side loader, before that, I worked in industrial HVAC, and then ther were the many years I worked for the old man.........

MachMan...your a stones thow away, I'm over here in Champaign-Urbana.

I have been working with my dad's voice/data communications company for 7 years or so now. We install, test and service communication systems (phone/speaker systems, fiberoptic and wireless internet systems etc.) mostly in larger buildings throughout NYC and LI. I have also been working at a local speed parts shop for 3 years mostly on the weekends and during school.

I've always been fascinated by welding. My grandfather was a welder for Con Edison and my uncle is today. I bought a MIG welder earlier this year when my grandfather passed, and I'm starting to get pretty good at it. What process(es) of welding do you guys do?

I have always have worked on something mechanical. First job at a bicycle shop, then after that started the auto body shop jobs ranging from collision work to customs to a corvette restoration shop. Yes, it does suck to be working on only corvettes everyday, but it seems the people who can afford the work aren't influenced by the economy and their money simply becomes my money and gets my 'stang one more part to use or another gallon of gas in the tank!

I have been working with my dad's voice/data communications company for 7 years or so now. We install, test and service communication systems (phone/speaker systems, fiberoptic and wireless internet systems etc.) mostly in larger buildings throughout NYC and LI. I have also been working at a local speed parts shop for 3 years mostly on the weekends and during school.

I've always been fascinated by welding. My grandfather was a welder for Con Edison and my uncle is today. I bought a MIG welder earlier this year when my grandfather passed, and I'm starting to get pretty good at it. What process(es) of welding do you guys do?
I weld mig ,tig. stick ,aluminum {mig & tig} stainless steel ,and used to do brazing but it has been a while.

I am a computer analyst/project manager for Del Monte Foods.

Me? I'm a high school vice principal in northern Nevada, and before that taught science for 13 years. Started out in the Navy as a corpsman (medic) stationed mostly with the Marines and SeaBees.

My wife and I have been pretty free-spirited, living in Hawaii, Florida, Montana, and Washington state, so no retirement pension for a while.:)

Doc

Recently got out of the Marines, headed back to school to actually get certified instead of being the guy who can work on everything but doesnt get paid as much as most of the master techs out there. Worked in and out of dealerships even while i was in the Marines. Went in to the custom world because i got sick of the standard maintance and started crossing over. More recently have been building custom buggys and rock trucks, high speed desert trucks and vehicals.

Cory

Did 10 years in the Air Force as a Computer Mainframe operator/Communications Center operator/COMPUSEC Manager. Then became a computer maintenance technician for a contractor company after I got out, migrating into System Administration/Webmastering at the same base where I separated for about 11 years. 3 years ago, I took a job as the IT Security Manager for the base, as a Civil Service employee.

Even though I'll technically be eligible for retirement in 7 years (thanks to active duty time still counting because I didn't retire from the USAF), I will not be ready to hang it up yet... so I'll be working for quite awhile as well.

... unless I hit the lottery, then I'll be phoning in my resignation of course. :D

Back