Occupations

RocketFoot

High-quality graphic design - which has (to my surprise) wound up a bit of cartoon character design. This is one of my most recent works for a skateboarding safety campaign (in 72dpi for web):

skatesafe_logo.png

Video production - I love miniatures:

[video=youtube]

I also do website coding with HTML/CSS, but cross-platform browser issues have made those jobs a living nightmare.

That said - even though I'm full-time now - I'm open to any off-the-clock moonlighting for these tasks if anyone wishes to hire me. My latest Mustang-related purchase may put me deeper in the hole than I want to be. I could use the cash, and I'll take any little jobs here and there.

-Kurt

satellite-valiant-mustang-license-tags-signature.png

How to buy a '71-73 Mustang:

Rule #1: Assume all classic car sellers are guilty until proven innocent.

Rule #2: No classic car dealer is ever innocent; thus, they are all guilty.

Rule #3: Buy from trustworthy people: Fellow forum members. Visit 7173Mustang's For Sale forum.

I am a career automotive technician. I am certified ASE Master in addition to light diesel performance and advanced engine performance certifications. I worked for independent shops since 1987 and just went to work for a GM dealership this last year.

And yes, I drive my mustang to work. Even the GM guys have to stop and look.. :)

I havent posted on this topic yet so this is my occupation. I am a Mechanical Design Supervisor for Chevron. So basically i supervise a team of 9 guys who draw up and design the construction plans for how to build all the piping and equipment to get the oil out of the ground here in California. Just like being an architect but instead of houses and buildings its piping and equipment, most of which is done in 3D.

- Lee

I work for a small company that specializes in stainless steel venting. I'm in inventory control. I've owned my 72 Mach1 since 1984 and I'm very new at this site and I'm still trying to figure out how this all works but its great to find other people with same interest in 71-73 mustangs. At most of the car shows I have gone to since 1984 I'm almost always the only car in my class. That's great for trophies but not much fun.

Going fast is fun but life is short so slow down and enjoy the ride :D Frank

I run a Wrecking Yard in Auckland New Zealand, I've done a lot of different jobs as I travelled the world, but now I've settled down to a job I love doing.

I used to be stuck in an office, looking out of the window every day, and then one day I thought stuff this I'm outta here, took my Truck driving Licence and was on the road the next day, never ever looked back ;)

I'm a professional "Get Off My Lawn" yeller during the week, and refurbish wiring harnesses during the weekend.

I am a systems engineer, specializing in reliability, for the US Navy mine countermeasure helicopter programs.

Let me check your shorts!

http://midlifeharness.com

cactus.jpg.92e5d9d8700abc0ed60c8ccb3426248e.jpg

I am a Plastics Engineer for an Aerospace company. I help design the cheap plastic stuff inside airplanes!

Oh yes you work for a chinese company...:D

Mustang, beer and rock'nroll

My forte' is that of an Certified Aircraft Maintenance Tech with an Inspection Authorization having taught Aviation Maintenance at the college level and operating my own general aviation maintenance facility. However, between the economy and 9/11 I have had to let that go and now only practice aircraft maintenance for a small core of customers and in support of the homebuilt airplane genre. I bounced around from 2011 to 2013 and experienced logging, custom woodwork, heavy equipment maintenance, and 6 months as a welder / fabricator in an aluminum foundry. During this time I was reinventing myself as an industrial mechanic and in January I landed on my feet as a Robotics Maintenance Technician for Thyssenkrupp Presta. Its going to take a couple of years to dig myself out of the hole the last few years have created, however, the future seems bright enough that I dusted off the old Mustang and joined your forums to do some catching up on the Mustang world.

Figure I'll jump in on this thread. I'm a launch vehicle engineer, 1st Lieutenant at Vandenberg AFB. Working on certifying the company SpaceX to launch government satellites but usually doing quality assurance on rockets that get launched here. If those in California haven't seen a rocket launch, yall best come here and watch one!

I worked in a welding and fab shop for 2yrs then went to a truck shop where I lengthened and shortened truck frames and did all the paint and body on them for 8yrs and now I am working in a GM dealership in the body-shop where we fix the vehicles ourselves from start to finish been there 1.5yrs I do my own body and paint the cars as they come in

I work in insurance. Commercial underwriter for most if my 12 year career. Now work the home office in the underwriting department. Not my dream job but pays the bills and supports my Ford car addiction.

Figure I'll jump in on this thread. I'm a launch vehicle engineer, 1st Lieutenant at Vandenberg AFB. Working on certifying the company SpaceX to launch government satellites but usually doing quality assurance on rockets that get launched here. If those in California haven't seen a rocket launch, yall best come here and watch one!

Awesome, there is even a rocket scientist here!

So cool

He has all the vices I admire and none of the virtues I despise

Here's my thing. Owner of a specialized trucking business. Beauty is my company truck mechanic is a millwright and also a hot rod guy. In short, I am spoiled as he can fabricate as needed and knows far more about cars than I do so he does much of the work. And the bonus...he is on my payroll...so keeps my costs real low. That said, a rocket scientists...how cool is that.

Cheers all.

Cruisin' Slow and Easy

I'm a heavy equipment mechanic. Proud member of The International Union Of Operating Engineers, Local 103.

Joe

• 2 months later...

So, what do you guys do to help support your Mustang addictions?

I am a Heavy Duty Parts Manager for Mack, Volvo and UD/Nissan Diesel Trucks. I also specialize in antique Mack parts. I work for a Mack dealer in South Western Pa and we ship antique Mack parts all over the world. We also handle parts, sales and service for New Macks, Volvos and UD! Keeps me pretty busy but allows me a lot of time on the keyboard to manage the dealership website, forum and some of my other projects (like this! LOL)

So that's enough about me...how about you guys?

I am a construction manager for Royal Dutch Shell (Shell to Americans) working in Korea on our Prelude Floating LNG Project. Google it as it is pretty darn impressive.

Well I'm making a leap of faith. I've worked for my current employer for 8 years now and while the job has been secure I keep getting my goals bumped with no more pay or benefits. I've been running one if his shops for a 4 years and there's some personal gripes that have just added up to me realizing that I've pretty much reached the end of the line.

While business is good the "family" is content on what works and doesn't want to grow the company so I've toyed with jumping ship. Plus, at the end I the day people "general public" really annoy me and I'm not really fit for my position I've been forcing myself to do 6 days a week.

So I was offered a really nice job opportunity for 3rd largest painting and striping contractor on the east coast. I'll be joining them as a lead technician for their shop to keep up with over 90 vehicles ranging from f150-f750's, internationals, macks, and Isuzu's. I'll be receiving many nice benefits, some of the best health and dental plans/rates i've never had before. My base pay salary will be 35% more only working 40hrs a week instead of 60+.

What this means for me is I'm coming out my comfort zone and actually going to be schooled, trained, and certified in so many ways that I'm super excited about.

Oh yeah and extra time and cash to work on my car and spend time with family will be a big plus!

Well I'm making a leap of faith. I've worked for my current employer for 8 years now and while the job has been secure I keep getting my goals bumped with no more pay or benefits. I've been running one if his shops for a 4 years and there's some personal gripes that have just added up to me realizing that I've pretty much reached the end of the line.

While business is good the "family" is content on what works and doesn't want to grow the company so I've toyed with jumping ship. Plus, at the end I the day people "general public" really annoy me and I'm not really fit for my position I've been forcing myself to do 6 days a week.

So I was offered a really nice job opportunity for 3rd largest painting and striping contractor on the east coast. I'll be joining them as a lead technician for their shop to keep up with over 90 vehicles ranging from f150-f750's, internationals, macks, and Isuzu's. I'll be receiving many nice benefits, some of the best health and dental plans/rates i've never had before. My base pay salary will be 35% more only working 40hrs a week instead of 60+.

What this means for me is I'm coming out my comfort zone and actually going to be schooled, trained, and certified in so many ways that I'm super excited about.

Oh yeah and extra time and cash to work on my car and spend time with family will be a big plus!

Congrats and good luck to you.

I say go for it, large companies have always taken very good care of me. The benefits are a huge life factor as well, especially if you have a family. Not having to pay $20,000 in hospital bills for the birth of a child, for example, is a huge benefit. It's nice having that cushion to fall on for health reasons. Also, depending on where the job is, relocation is typically covered and usually means an exciting new place to call home. Change can be a good thing, for sure.

1971 Mustang fastback: 10.3:1 C90E 408W hydroller - CDAN4 EEC-V w/EDIS8, girdled, lowered and caged