Occupations

RocketFoot

So, what do you guys do to help support your Mustang addictions?

I am a Heavy Duty Parts Manager for Mack, Volvo and UD/Nissan Diesel Trucks. I also specialize in antique Mack parts. I work for a Mack dealer in South Western Pa and we ship antique Mack parts all over the world. We also handle parts, sales and service for New Macks, Volvos and UD! Keeps me pretty busy but allows me a lot of time on the keyboard to manage the dealership website, forum and some of my other projects (like this! LOL)

So that's enough about me...how about you guys?

ahhhh Rocket... we have a little in common. My brother worked for Neely Coble Mack in Nashville. I worked for them part-time delivering trucks back in the day.

http://neutrons.ornl.gov/facilities/SNS/

Easier to post a link than explain

Do you remember Chuck Lilly from the 1984 ish time? He moved to DC bout that time... had a daughter that was deaf.

:huh: ....wow all the talented folks here!!! I grew up on a farm....no not the kind where diddy owned it. He was in all practical sense "a share cropper".... and no I'm not black:D but we were just as poor. BUT he did teach me many things. SO...first real job I was a first class welder for Chicago Bridge. Decided money could be made easier white collar.... I've sold forklifts (still partners in a company) and I have to say one of the most fun 15 years I've ever spent. with a little more education I became a consultant for IT software and business process software company. Not much fun.... rude snobby people... so I enjoy taking their money.:cool:

no offense to the IT guys here:D

67 Diamond Blue Vert

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRveIaRU6OAzTfd2Mv6ypGH49BZcPU7MS_7PBKhiOmpmJJrHJ_B_Q

DUDE

LOL even my sig line offended somebody!

Tnfastbk Wrote: http://neutrons.ornl.gov/facilities/SNS/

Easier to post a link than explain

Do you remember Chuck Lilly from the 1984 ish time? He moved to DC bout that time... had a daughter that was deaf.

No that was way before my time there:D

ahhh okay so you'z a young'n rocket scientist!!!;)

67 Diamond Blue Vert

DUDE

• 2 weeks later...

Ex-Navy ET, now I'm a building automation system engineer. Not rocket science, but it pays the bills and a lot of commercial businesses are upgrading to more efficient HVAC systems, so it's pretty secure work. And now I can ship the 'stang down from Washington, so I'm a happy camper!

Steve

[button=http://www.7173mustangs.com/thread-1972-mach-1--1800]The Stable[/button]

25yvyp3.jpg

Ex-Navy ET, now I'm a building automation system engineer. Not rocket science, but it pays the bills and a lot of commercial businesses are upgrading to more efficient HVAC systems, so it's pretty secure work. And now I can ship the 'stang down from Washington, so I'm a happy camper!

Hey, Steve. Welcome aboard. I'm a former 8404/8432 - served active from '78 - '84 and some reserve time after that. Can you share a bit of your story?

Doc

Doc

Project started 8-7-10

Completed: All new suspension, rebuilt 351C H Code bored .030 over with mild cam and intake, new 3.50 TracLok, custom exhaust system

Current "mini-project": interior upgrade :-/

[button=http://www.7173mustangs.com/forum-garage?filterxt_uid=76]Doc's Garage[/button][button=http://www.7173mustangs.com/thread-1973-mustang-convertible-restoration-and-modification]Doc's Wiki[/button]

Hey, Steve. Welcome aboard. I'm a former 8404/8432 - served active from '78 - '84 and some reserve time after that. Can you share a bit of your story?

Doc

Hi Doc! Oh yeah, like most vets I like talking about the good old days! I was a 1471 - TACAN tech. I was in from 1996-2004, served on the USS Hue City (CG-66) from 1998 - 2001. Never had to go to the Gulf, but we made lots of drug interdiction ops during my time onboard. Missed the Gulf by about 3 months!

Steve

[button=http://www.7173mustangs.com/thread-1972-mach-1--1800]The Stable[/button]

25yvyp3.jpg

• 1 month later...

I have been Disabled since I shattered both my heals Nov 2008. I started out as an auto mechanic at a local Ford dealer, did that for a while and went in the USAF. Got out in 93 and started working at a big Pharmaceutical company in vaccine production, 3 years later went to maintenance. worked on all kinds of things I have never seen before. learned boilers, steam fitter, plumbing, electronics, WFI water (pure water) on and on.. Learned how to weld and started doing the precision Tig welding 316 stainless steel. tubing and flat stock. In 2001 I started my own business welding & fabrication on the side, did very well but wanted to stay with the full time job for benefits. around the same time I moved up to maintenance supervisor at the lab. I was one of those supervisors that was could not put the wrenches or tig torch down and was always out with the guy's. I had my accident and was out for 6 months and had to go back before my feet were healed ( that is all the time for short term disability) I only lasted 2 1/2 months and had to leave again for more surgery, that was the end of my working. I can still do things that does not require lifting heavy, but I can only do them for very short periods of time. It take me a long time to do things anymore!!

So in a nut shell that is what I do, as far as the $ for the mustang... retirement $$ Just hope it does not run out!!!

here are some pics, I really like welding!!

the ss tubing looks the same inside as out, purge welded.

the cage I just made to see if I could do it, and yes it has steps!!

1345086998_mar192011033.JPG.d10444b08451fcb6beea47740a979a09.JPG

368442092_cage001.thumb.JPG.05e2c0a707098f357d1b32641c3d9beb.JPG

1110272262_cage002.thumb.JPG.4d7b732f6a3ee59a485cf110902b9cd5.JPG

I have been Disabled since I shattered both my heals Nov 2008. I started out as an auto mechanic at a local Ford dealer, did that for a while and went in the USAF. Got out in 93 and started working at a big Pharmaceutical company in vaccine production, 3 years later went to maintenance. worked on all kinds of things I have never seen before. learned boilers, steam fitter, plumbing, electronics, WFI water (pure water) on and on.. Learned how to weld and started doing the precision Tig welding 316 stainless steel. tubing and flat stock. In 2001 I started my own business welding & fabrication on the side, did very well but wanted to stay with the full time job for benefits. around the same time I moved up to maintenance supervisor at the lab. I was one of those supervisors that was could not put the wrenches or tig torch down and was always out with the guy's. I had my accident and was out for 6 months and had to go back before my feet were healed ( that is all the time for short term disability) I only lasted 2 1/2 months and had to leave again for more surgery, that was the end of my working. I can still do things that does not require lifting heavy, but I can only do them for very short periods of time. It take me a long time to do things anymore!!

So in a nut shell that is what I do, as far as the $ for the mustang... retirement $$ Just hope it does not run out!!!

cool stuff I love welding stainless but it does shift a lot when it cools down.

Eric

[button=http://www.7173mustangs.com/forum-garage?filterxt_uid=45]Visit My Garage[/button]

a58hgh.jpg

DRIVE IT DON'T STORE IT!

Looks like you have real talent for metal and welding work. I'm glad you still able to enjoy your retirment to some extent, even with the bad heels.

Mike AKA Ole Pony & Rare Pony
Our current Mustang garage/driveway
1973 Mustang Convert - Bought in 1974 - Still have it!
2004 Mach 1 Oxford White Auto, Bought Sept 06

20180127_082009.jpg

Looks like you have real talent for metal and welding work. I'm glad you still able to enjoy your retirment to some extent, even with the bad heels.

Thank you and I keep trying every day. my new saying is, one step at a time!!!

As stated, you've really got some talent there. Thanks for letting us know a bit more about you. Take care of yourself.

Doc

Doc

Project started 8-7-10

Completed: All new suspension, rebuilt 351C H Code bored .030 over with mild cam and intake, new 3.50 TracLok, custom exhaust system

Current "mini-project": interior upgrade :-/

[button=http://www.7173mustangs.com/forum-garage?filterxt_uid=76]Doc's Garage[/button][button=http://www.7173mustangs.com/thread-1973-mustang-convertible-restoration-and-modification]Doc's Wiki[/button]

Guest DragonKnight

IT geek in downtown Seattle.

I do help desk, system administration, networking, and some minor database admin work. Right now I'm doing some web work for our CEO's *personal* website. VERY company related. :rolleyes:

Im a building controller for CB Richard Ellis and we have a contract to look after all the Provincial Government buildings across Ontario.

I also am a marine mechanic and do that nights and weekends.The marine work pays for all my toys.

Bob

hmmmm looks like house restoration may be upcoming

67 Diamond Blue Vert

DUDE

Wow - MAD welding skills! Nice work.

Eric

mach1sig2.gif

I drive locally for a company that supplies rock products to a large concrete and asphalt company I normally pull double trailers (belly dump and side dump) around at or near 129 thousand pounds. Great thing about that is I have 600 horsepower at my command all day! Here is a pic of the truck I drive the day we got it.

I am just here to eat my lunch and screw stuff up!!!!!lollerz

Nice Peterbuilt. I drive for a local asphalt co. A year ago I got a new 365 Peterbuilt with clean idle Cummins peace of crap. I sure do miss the 04 379 with the C13 Cat.

- Mike

I can appreciate that, This one is an 07 bought used because they bought several of those clean air certified cummins and your right about the piece of crap part! Mine has the 600 cummins with no reburner!

I can appreciate that, This one is an 07 bought used because they bought several of those clean air certified cummins and your right about the piece of crap part! Mine has the 600 cummins with no reburner!

The first time I had to regen it took 20 minutes now it takes 55 minutes what a joke.

- Mike

The first time I had to regen it took 20 minutes now it takes 55 minutes what a joke.

I have not heard the guys that have them complain about wait times on that issue. That really sucks, I am glad I have this older one it has been a good truck. You gotta love the tree huggers!:@

I have not heard the guys that have them complain about wait times on that issue. That really sucks, I am glad I have this older one it has been a good truck. You gotta love the tree huggers!:@

It's a good thing I am paid by the hour.

- Mike

• 6 months later...

Electrical and Instrumentation supervisor at International Paper. 24V - 13.2kV. We'll light you up!!

2rr7aiv.png

Just cruising along minding our own business when BAM!!! The LAWS show up.