Occupations

RocketFoot

Well. Here are a few pics of what I can do with stainless steel and a grinder. I skipped a few steps in the pictures because the difference is not that visible in the pictures.

I REALLY need you to come visit in North Carolina for a few weeks. We'll have a ball.

To support my 1973 Mach 1 soon to be 460 & toploader and a 1930 Ford Model A Hot Rod with a 351 Cleveland started as a union pipe fitter (and always will be) - project manager for a large mechanical contractor.

I'm UPS driver. I drive the brown trucks that delivers our parts to our houses. Been that for 6 years and before that I was a mechanic for ten years and yes I do miss it but I get free benefits and a pension and great pay and I am in the international brotherhood of teamsters union so the perks of the job I have now are way better than any perks I received as a mechanic.

This is more than a hobby, its a Passion, its a way of life.

I am an overhead and mobile crane technician. Work mostly in Steel mills repairing overhead cranes. Welding , fab, electrical, hydraulic. A little of everything.

:salute:

Me too, my company.........................................

095.jpg

08112008003.jpg

020-3.jpg

003.jpg

Well. Here are a few pics of what I can do with stainless steel and a grinder. I skipped a few steps in the pictures because the difference is not that visible in the pictures.

I REALLY need you to come visit in North Carolina for a few weeks. We'll have a ball.

hahaha Unfortunately I am not allowed in your country. {legal problems in my younger years} I could get a waver but that is over a 1000$ and as you know I can use that on my car:P. But feel free to come up north. I do plan on getting a waver at some point but they are only good for a few years. I wish the American government would accept the Canadian Pardon. But I guess it's a matter of give us your money also hahaha.

Eric

[button=http://www.7173mustangs.com/forum-garage?filterxt_uid=45]Visit My Garage[/button]

a58hgh.jpg

DRIVE IT DON'T STORE IT!

• 3 months later...

Foot & ankle surgeon

Www.Doctor4Feet.com

Thats cool. i just went to see the foot doctor about a nueroma. Had it operated on about 10 years ago and now its bothering me again.

I am an overhead and mobile crane technician. Work mostly in Steel mills repairing overhead cranes. Welding , fab, electrical, hydraulic. A little of everything.

:salute:

Me too, my company.........................................

095.jpg

08112008003.jpg

020-3.jpg

003.jpg

Wow those pics look all too familiar. I couldnt tell you how many cranes i have put up like that. Its kinda fun doing the install part. I get to do everything from being the guy up on the rail setting the crane to the guy running the mobile. The part i hate is the 120-130+ degree tempuratures up on those in some of these steel mills. But i got lucky and got into a manufacturing plant doing the maintenance on about 400 jibs/hoist and overhead cranes. got a contract for the next 3 years and it only about 20 min from my house. :D

Kevin
1971 Mach 1

408C Stroker - C4 w/3,000 stall - 8.8" Rear w/3.73's - Disc brakes all way around.

I went from the boring field of carrying a gold badge and a Glock to the "exciting" insurance field carrying a Mont Blanc pen.

Jim

M code 71 Mach 1, 351 4V Cleveland, Ram Air (not factory), C6 Trans, 3.5 rear

Well I may not be the first attorney here, but it looks like I'm the only one dumb enough to admit it. I help people get their Worker's Compensation and social security benefits and also chase ambulances from time to time (that's why the Mach 1 needs to stay nimble and fast) Seriously, I have handled a lot of cases in the last 20 years and have never advertised and hopefully never will. Remember 99% of attorneys give the other 1% a bad name.

It has been over 30 years since I owned my first Mustang and I have always liked working on cars. I learned to weld a few years ago and my talents would make you all blush . . . oh wait that's the wrong word . . . CRINGE is more like it, but I'm improving each time and I'm smart enough to tack things and let friends who are better welders than I am finish up.

http://www.7173mustangs.com/gallery/1_01_07_15_8_53_18.png

"I love my Hookers!" and "Get some Strange" probably have a different connotation to non automotive enthusiasts!

I am a union pipefitter by trade and been an HVAC Project Manager for a large mechanical contractor in Northern NJ for 15 years or so.

We specialize in data center construction that always has a crazy schedule. This can be at times very stressfull and the car hobby is what keeps me saine.

Thanks, Jay

I am an Accountant that provides audits for small hospitals. We also provide reimbursement consulting and cost reports (Medicare/Medicaid). Most of our facilities are under 100 bed. I still get to travel the backroads of Texas/Oklahoma/New Mexico and look for hidden gems in the barns. If I only had more money to buy em'!

72' Grande - Pepper Grey and Black, 331 fuel injected w/AOD - Current Build.

75' F100 4x4 Shortbed - Blue & Silver - 390 FE Baby!!

68 Torino S Code Convertible

98' F150 Red

07' Dodge Magnum R/T - The family "Minivan"!

I just started working at a security technology company as a mechanical design engineer.. It's only 10 minutes from my house, which is beautiful compared to the 2+ hour (each way) commute to NYC I've been doing for a couple years. Plus I just draw things in inventor all day, play around with QC testing equipment and may be able to play with their CNC and EDM machines with time lol.

Civil engineer specializing in traffic engineering and transportation planning.

Edit: I semi-retired in 2013. Still working as needed on high-profile projects like a new freeway from Tuscon to Northern Nevada (I-11) and a route for an application for a Hyperloop route in Nevada.

“If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough.”

--Albert Einstein

We truly have the diversity of talents and skills on this board to start up and run our own city!

Jim

M code 71 Mach 1, 351 4V Cleveland, Ram Air (not factory), C6 Trans, 3.5 rear

We truly have the diversity of talents and skills on this board to start up and run our own city!

I'm in. Where's the school? :D

Doc

Project started 8-7-10

Completed: All new suspension, rebuilt 351C H Code bored .030 over with mild cam and intake, new 3.50 TracLok, custom exhaust system

Current "mini-project": interior upgrade :-/

[button=http://www.7173mustangs.com/forum-garage?filterxt_uid=76]Doc's Garage[/button][button=http://www.7173mustangs.com/thread-1973-mustang-convertible-restoration-and-modification]Doc's Wiki[/button]

I'm in. Where's the school? :D

Count me in when the Armageddon comes.

Who wants to host the party?

mike

spacer.png

Can I be the guy that drives the fire truck?

Count me in when the Armageddon comes.

Who wants to host the party?

mike

I'm centrally located. :D

spacer.png

Man, I need your skills on repairing a stainless Cobra frame that I'm working on.

That finish looks fantastic.

I'm a Certified Master Automtive Technician... fancy term for mechanic. Been turning wrenches for a long time, lately I've been doing a lot of light truck diesel repair, but I do full service. Have plans to open my own shop in the future. The work I do at home usually funds my projects.

Im a forensic analyst. I investigate computer crime, hackings, malware analysis, cell phones, hard drives, anything that holds electronic evidence. We handle civil and criminal cases. Before that i was an EMT for a few years, still am. Currently a firefighter as well. I keep busy.

"Do it once, do it right!"

• 2 weeks later...

Bump for our newer members. How do you spend your days while waiting to work on your 'Stangs?

Doc

Project started 8-7-10

Completed: All new suspension, rebuilt 351C H Code bored .030 over with mild cam and intake, new 3.50 TracLok, custom exhaust system

Current "mini-project": interior upgrade :-/

[button=http://www.7173mustangs.com/forum-garage?filterxt_uid=76]Doc's Garage[/button][button=http://www.7173mustangs.com/thread-1973-mustang-convertible-restoration-and-modification]Doc's Wiki[/button]