Back in Home territory

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
My Car
1973 coupe
1998 mustang
1994 Nissan Sentra SE-R
Hello everyone; My name is Daniel. This is my first post after joining this site :)

Anyhow my first car was a 65 coupe that me and my dad restored after i turned 10yo and it was just a basic 6cyl C4 yada yada so i bought a K code car that was beyond rust repair and swapped out all the needed suspension and driveline building the 289 to deliver some serious hp. Then in 2008 when a lot of us hit financial struggle i had to sell my baby to keep my house afloat. After that somehow I managed to get struck by a import bug and built up some quite nasty 300zx turbo's etc. (Some nissans can be MEAN) however they lack the style and presence that my old mustang had. I've been around ford all my life, heh my dad been a master tech at ford for 20 years so yeah! well the ford blood is pumping through my body full blast once more and I have acquired a 1973 coupe with 302 4bbl 3spd manual. it's been sitting for 3 1/2 years but the car is pretty solid or the age. a lot better shape than my 65 was. so i've dusted it off, popped hood, spun it over by hand make sure it wasnt seized. 8 new plugs, new fuel filter, new dizzy, pulled carb off (holley 600) gonna clean it up, trickle charged battery from 2007 (been holding good :)) last time i seen the car run was 2008 but ran like crap,,wannabe backyard mechanic brother in law said the carb was funky (but thats another story). well sorry for long post but i am deffinatly going to get this baby back to her former glory!

thanks everyone, wonderful info on this site.

WELCOME aboard, Daniel!

Great to see another '73 Coupe (and Owner) has joined our ranks.

Please take some time to go through the different Forums and don't hesitate to comment or post up questions on anything which catches your interest. While doing so, I would also encourage you to visit the attached thread which speaks to a little exercise that we try to have every week.

http://www.7173mustangs.com/thread-what-is-the-weekly-fun-question--5488

Again Welcome and I look forward to interacting with you on the Site.

BT

Thanks everyone for the warm welcomes, I'm at work right now but will try to be as active as i can to help anyone i can. I really need to refresh my memory of the old mustangs and ford engines and setups. Seems crazy after messing with ECU's and engine managment systems, sensors, etc. As i was cleaning car out i keep finding 6ft long snake skins in this darn car. one under seat, one under dash, and found one in the trunk. I hope he won't shoot out and surprise me haha.

oh, i'm sure this is in wrong spot but what's the trick to getting the ignition switch to turn all the way back to off so i can get the key out. I feel dumb but i've tried putting it in reverse, pushing the brake, clutch, looked around the steering column for a release lever!?

Welcome from Southern Md and have fun fun bringing your Pony back to life! My sons 1st car I bolught and broght back to life was a yellow 65 coupe with a 6cyl 3 spd in it!

Welcome from Southern Md and have fun fun bringing your Pony back to life! My sons 1st car I bolught and broght back to life was a yellow 65 coupe with a 6cyl 3 spd in it!
Thanks!, yep same as mine but it was automatic. swapped the rear,spindles,engine, replaced frame rails, floor pans, pulled the cowel and replaced the drainage pans the whole works. Painted it yellow with new black pony interior..sharp car wish i hadn't sold it.

Welcome from another Virginian! We have several members in Virginia. If you click on the Fun Stuff link at the top of this web page you can add your general location on the member map. Looking forward to seeing pictures and hearing more about your project.

Thanks i will do! Hope it's ok to put pics here but here's a few i have. I guess the garage is where i should post like a build thread type thing.

20120605_071503.jpg

20120605_071513.jpg

20120605_071527.jpg

got her for $350!

cleaning up the carb at work not, throwing away stupid quadrajet spacer and some other jerry rigged things.

hope to have her fired up by the weekend and see how healthy she is.

Welcome from coastal Alabama! It looks like it was the blue glow color which is a really cool color on these cars.

since then i have pumped up the tires and cleaned all the leaves away :) another plus is not only did i pay 350 it was already sitting beside my house...family had no longer any interest in doing anything with it.

Looks like you've got a great project there for an outstanding price. If she will actually run, you might start feeling guilty... NOT! :p

Pics are mandatory here, and we'll expect to see many as you make progress on your 'stang. Vids are also appreciated, especially first start-ups! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back