Doors

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tx-skydiver

Reaction score
My Car
1972 Mach 1 Q-Code
Does anyone know where to get good (non-rusted) 71-72 doors? Dallas Mustang does not carry for those years. They say that aftermarket doors are not made for our cars.

What have y'all done to remedy the door rust issues?

One option is a "donor" car. The doors are interchangeable between the Coupe, Convertible and Fastbacks for the 71-73 Mustangs.

While the Coupe and Convertible use the same glass, you will have to change the glass if going to a Fastback or vice versa. This was covered in one of our "Weekly Fun Questions.":)

Hope this helps.

BT

One option is a "donor" car. The doors are interchangeable between the Coupe, Convertible and Fastbacks for the 71-73 Mustangs.

While the Coupe and Convertible use the same glass, you will have to change the glass if going to a Fastback or vice versa. This was covered in one of our "Weekly Fun Questions.":)

Hope this helps.

BT
Thank you. I assume that most donor cars would have rust in the same places but I guess it is my only option.

Thanks. I'll be on the lookout for one.

I went through this same problem. I finally found one lower door skin on eBay but never could find the other one. Then I found a great door and it was totaled during shipping. No one makes the door are the door skin so try to find some good used doors.

Back