• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to 7173 Mustangs.com and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

72 Mach 1 -- California car

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
31 Model A Station Wagon “Woody”
69 Mach 1 - 351C
72 Mach 1 - 351C
96 Cobra Convertible
Well, the time has come I need to sell my 1972 Mustang Mach 1. My Dad is going to give me a car later this year that has been in the family since the '60's, and the '72 Mach 1 drew the short straw so it has to go.

Options include:

- True Mach 1

- Original 351 Cleveland

- FMX Automatic

- Factory A/C

- Full instrumentation including tach and center guages

- Power steering

- Power disk brakes

- Dual exhaust - with valance cutouts

- Full length console

- Fold down rear seat

- Sport mirrors

- NASA hood, rear wing, front chin spoiler, black Mach 1 stripes

- Magnum 500s.

The engine is recently rebuilt (original VIN stamped block), .030 over, 2V heads, Edelbrock Performer Intake, Comp 270 Cam, Holley 600 carb, Hedman Hedders, and a Pertronix Ignitor. It has an excellent muscle car sound/rumble at idle. I have installed many, many new parts including the exhaust, factory style hangers, exhaust tips, heater core, rebuilt the Power Disk Brakes, new Battery, windshield, front wheel bearings, rear axle bearings, fuel pump, water pump, hoses, belts, wires, plugs, thermostat, A/C evaporator, A/C dryer, turn signal switch, ignition switch, lock cylinders, and more I am sure I forgot to mention. The tires are very good and the interior is decent. The radio is a Kenwood removable stereo--an uncut faceplate goes with the car should you ever want to go back to a stock radio.

This car is very solid--the floor pans and trunk floor do not have any rust. The frame rails, aprons, doors, fenders, etc are very solid and do not have rust. The drivers side quarter does have one dime sized spot. The passenger quarter is solid. The cowl was recently repaired (have pictures to prove it) with new metal welded in and well sealed prior to painting. I even posted a short thread on the cowl repair if you do a search.

The paint is about a 10 footer--it sure isn't a show car, but it looks pretty good. The car is white, but has been repainted with a slight pearl tint to the white, so it is not 100% correct. I recently repainted the hood as I found a better hood that the one that came with the car (it had some damage on it). Both hoods were NASA hoods, the new one has the hold downs. I have added the appropriate hardware for the hold downs. The car is very straight except for the drivers front fender, there is some minor damage to the very front as pictured. I do have a replacement fender extension that goes with the car. I was going to repaint the entire car, I just ran out of time.

This is an extremely solid California car. Door data sticker is as follows:

- DSO 72, or Northern California--now in Southern California

- Trans X, or FMX Automatic--still correct

- Body 63R, Sportsroof Mach 1

- Trim GA, black deluxe

- Axle 2, or 2.75 conventional--I think that is what is still there

- H code, or 351 2V. Still has original engine, but now has an Edelbrock manifold.

- VIN is 2F05H, so it is a true Mach 1

- Last 3 numbers of the VIN consecutive unit number are "000", which is kind of cool.

PM me if you have interest or need more info, I would be happy to discuss with you. I will try to post more current pictures shortly. Asking $13,750

IMG_1767.JPG

IMG_1770.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Geez! Where were you a month ago? I would have bought that car in a heartbeat for that price! Nice lookin car you should have no problem selling it for that price. If I may ask, what kind of car are you getting?

I hate to sell it, but the car I am getting is just like a family member with many childhood vacations riding in the back seat, learning to drive, parades, shows, etc--so I am thrilled with what is coming. Dad is passing on a 1931 Model A Station Wagon. UPDATE--Seems to be more interest in Woody than the Mustang--go figure!

P1060922small.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry you are having to sell the 72 Mach, but that Model A will be sweet. I hope you stick around on the forum. ---'Cause I know you'll always have a soft spot in your heart for the

71-3's! LOL

Be sure and post up some pics of the Model A!

Ray

Nice looking Mach 1. I like the color combination and it sounds like a fair price based on your description. Good luck with the sale.

I hate to sell it, but the car I am getting is just like a family member with many childhood vacations riding in the back seat, learning to drive, parades, shows, etc--so I am thrilled with what is coming. Dad is passing on a 1931 Model A Station Wagon. UPDATE--Seems to be more interest in Woody than the Mustang--go figure!
Thanks for adding the picture of the Model A. Pretty cool looking and looks to be in great condition. That should win some car shows!

Back