Best repo Sheet metal

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sancho1388

Reaction score
My Car
N/a
Hi guys,

i was wonder what the best place to get replacement sheet metal is. I've seen a couple places. just did which one was better quality,

Thanks

Hi guys,

i was wonder what the best place to get replacement sheet metal is. I've seen a couple places. just did which one was better quality,

Thanks
It depends on the part as there are several different manufactures

Email me

[email protected]

a list of the parts

Don

DO NOT BUY A DYNACORN HOOD!
Mike, I have to ask

1- why?

2 - How do you know it was DII ?

3 Was it shipped and how was it packaged ?

Don

DO NOT BUY A DYNACORN HOOD!
Mike, I have to ask

1- why?

2 - How do you know it was DII ?

3 Was it shipped and how was it packaged ?

Don
My hood came straight from a dii warehouse. (leetsdale pa.). I traded 2 1970 mustang coupes to a guy whos cousin works for dynacorn here locally. it was packaged perfectly and brought from the warehouse to me. the reason I do not like it can be seen in the photos of my car possibly. I also know a nother guy that lives not too far for me with the exact same issue . The hood has a larger arch to it on the sides. When it was in the body shop it needed bent to fit. They could not bend it furthur without damging the hood. Its an excellent reproduction except for the fact of it being over arched on the sides. The hood arch is the only thing that bugs me about my car. It sits about 1/4 inch abive my fenders. Body shop tried to shim fenders but it wasnt happening. They bemt it was far as it could go. Turtle5353 can verify. Its definately noticeable.

Last edited by a moderator:
National Parts Depot has a very large selection, from US made to cheap China metal, nice thing is they are honest about what they sell. You will constantly find descriptions in their catalog such as: " Good repro, fits excellant" or "Bad repro, need to bend to fit". Their customer service is very friendly and helpful. I like to deal with them because they have a warehouse here in lower Michigan, it's local(BUY LOCAL!!!) and it's an hours drive from me... AND they have almost everything IN STOCK! They have 4 warehouses in the US and shipping times are speedy quick. http://www.npdlink.com/

Last edited by a moderator:
my scott drake trunk floor (made in Canada) was a good fit. Didn't have to use the heavy "wallnut cracker".
Jim, that trunk floor is Spectra brand out of Canada.

Scott Drake may put thier sticker on it but they have nothing to do with making it.

Latest posts

Back