Ride height?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
72 Mach 1 H-Code (Concourse)
67 GT S-Code 4sp
Trying to build some legs and casters for the body to load it on my trailer and use for rolling around the garage while completing assembly. If someone could please measure the height from the bottom of the front bumper bracket to the ground on a 71-72 I would appreciate it. I am going to make something a bit higher than ride height, but do not want to get something too extremely high.

Thanx,

Brian

front dolly.JPG

Trying to build some legs and casters for the body to load it on my trailer and use for rolling around the garage while completing assembly. If someone could please measure the height from the bottom of the front bumper bracket to the ground on a 71-72 I would appreciate it. I am going to make something a bit higher than ride height, but do not want to get something too extremely high.

Thanx,

Brian
Brian, not exactly sure the bottom of the bumper bracket is since I have a the 71 Mach1 rubber bumper covering it. If it helps from the bottom of my front bumper to the ground is exactly 17 1/2" on both sides. Last year I had the suspension redone with new shocks and springs per stock requirements so it should be pretty close but I'm guessing we could measure several of our cars and come up with different measurements.

Jim

From the center of the rear bolt that holds the bracket to the front subframe the distance to the ground is 12 3/4 to the ground on my car. HOWEVER, my car has 1/2 coil removed from the stock front springs. My best guess is the cut dropped the front of the car about 3/4 inch. Chuck

Back