First Car Show Today

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1973 Convertible H Code, 351C 2V FMX
Entered my first car show today, even though I didn't even have a chance to get the hood back on yet. There were 91 cars entered (I figured there would be maybe 20 or 30).

Probably 10 - 12 pre-1970 'stangs (like this '66)

66 Mustang.JPG

many '30s coupes, and a bunch of other cool vintage cars. Mine was the ONLY 71 - 73 'stang, and thankfully I discovered that there was a "Q" class for projects under construction, because the 'vert was in no way ready to show.

The vert (Small).JPG

I got a lot of "cool car" comments and had several discussions about Clevelands and 71-73 'stangs in general. It was a blast!

So, now I'm screwed because I started putting together a shopping list of cosmetic items I need (which I'll post up here pretty quick) but I'm still in Dutch with the wife for overspending the 'Stang fund when I bought the rear end and had it installed (thanks again, Jeff, for being there to take the blame :p How could any rational person turn down a deal like that, I told her. :D )

Anyway, no trophies this time, but I did get many votes anyway, and had a blast. Addicted, I'm afraid.

Oh, one specially cool car was a 2012 605HP Super Cobra that a local guy owns:

2012 Super Cobra.JPG

Now time for some sunburn ointment and a beer. :)

Congrats on your first show! They are a lot of fun and you get to meet a lot of enthusiasts! So did you drive your car there without the hood?

Congrats on your first show! They are a lot of fun and you get to meet a lot of enthusiasts! So did you drive your car there without the hood?
Ya, I've been driving it around our town without the hood. I keep to myself a lot here in town, so most people had not seen the car before today.

I love doing the show thing...most people are so friendly...I am entering one this weekend...sure wish it was my 71 but it's not ready either so I'm taking the 55Picture 162.jpg

Back