LAST NIGHTS CRUISE. RARE MERCURY

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1972 Q code Mach 4spd
2004 350z
2005 Corvette
1971 Camaro SS/RS
Saw this last night at the local cruise..Man talk about rare..Plus the car was top notch ! The owner still had a few items to install but WOW what a car..I'd give my left nut to have it rofl

Also saw Herbie the love bug & a nice original mach.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mercury_Cyclone_Spoiler_II

100_3717.JPG100_3718.JPG100_3719.JPG100_3720.JPG100_3721.JPG100_3722.JPG100_3723.JPG100_3724.JPG100_3726.JPG100_3728.JPG100_3729.JPG100_3730.JPG100_3736.JPG100_3738.JPG100_3739.JPG

Nice.... Thought it would be worth more after reading the wikipedia article.....

Anyone know the Mfr of the headers on the cyclone?

I'd give my left nut to have it rofl
Not sure what is funny about this statement...unless you don't have one.

Last edited by a moderator:
I Love the old 68-69 Cyclones and Torinos. I keep a regular look out for one for sale on a regular basis. Don't have the money right now just the dream. I found a Yarborough edition in Atlanta for sale a little over a year ago. It was a little rough, but you could still make out the two tone and some of the decals. A friend of mine has a Cyclone SCJ parked in his garage that he has been wrenching on and off for years. He has a standing order to keep me as the first bidder when he is ready to sell. Looks a little like this except it has CyClone SCJ on the rear quarters.

cyclone scj.jpg

I Love the old 68-69 Cyclones and Torinos. I keep a regular look out for one for sale on a regular basis. Don't have the money right now just the dream. I found a Yarborough edition in Atlanta for sale a little over a year ago. It was a little rough, but you could still make out the two tone and some of the decals. A friend of mine has a Cyclone SCJ parked in his garage that he has been wrenching on and off for years. He has a standing order to keep me as the first bidder when he is ready to sell. Looks a little like this except it has CyClone SCJ on the rear quarters.
x2 Always loved those mercs I did have a 70 cougar eliminator 4spd I kick myself in the butt for selling that car..At the time (88) I got good money for it $5000.00 It was pretty clean..gotta see if i can find my pics. If you ever run into another 69 cyclone let me know :)

x2 Always loved those mercs I did have a 70 cougar eliminator 4spd I kick myself in the butt for selling that car..At the time (88) I got good money for it $5000.00 It was pretty clean..gotta see if i can find my pics. If you ever run into another 69 cyclone let me know :)
Scott My sister in law girlfriend has a red 69 Cyclone that used to be her daily driver. I know she stopped driving because of the power steering went out. It's a very solid CA car.It was a 390 C6 but her EX put a 351W in it from a 69 cougar. It's a floor shift with console. Mike

Always loved the way those Cyclones looked. Remember when the local Mercury dealer got a blue and white Dan Gurney Special and a red and white Cale Yarborough Special in and parked them side by side. We wore the dealers driveway out gawking at those cars as part of our cruise circuit.

Also made a few trips to Florence SC (about 30 min from we lived) to show Non-Believers that Cale Yarborough had a red and white Yarborough Special and an actual Nascar Cyclone he raced on display in the showroom of his Honda dealership!! Rumors circulated for years about various people that had offered obscene amounts of money for either or both of those cars. But what do you offer someone who already has more money than he has time to count?

Nice looking Cyclone! Do you if that is Wimbledon White? I like the Love Bug wheels (just on a bug)!
Yes it is Wimbledon White. My neighbor had one. I tried to buy it. A friend ended up buying it. Then he sold it to another friend. Fun, neat car. The front bumper is actually a rear bumper, sectioned to fit. Cool and very rare cars.

Ray

Beautiful car. I would much prefer seeing the original air cleaner though. The modern K&N filter and top kill the classic vibe.

One of my must have future cars - they made 2 styles - the "W" nose pictured in this post and the more rare Talladega style nosed version.

Oddly - Talledegas are worth big bucks - the exact same mercury versions are worth less than half. The gap is closing (sadly for me) but still to cheap in my book.

2ilzlae.jpg

Paul of MO

Really figured they would be closer in value. Might have something to do with engine size. (Size matters...right?!) All production Talledegas received 428 CJs and the Spoiler II's had to make do with 351 W's. Bench seats and column shift were the fare for both cars but sure didn't help the Mercury's image which already had to make do with a smaller engine while riding around in a land ruled by big blocks. Still very nice "Rides" and would be very welcome in my driveway.

Back