• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to 7173 Mustangs.com and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

351c Piston

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

orange88

Reaction score
My Car
1972 Mach 1
Have an odd request... I bought a ton of parts from a guy who's friend had wrecked a 71 and ended up with 7 pistons w/ rods attached. Most of the pistons looked like they had valve contact (or chewed on a valve) or were cracked etc. Either way they were pretty much scrap.

It turned out that when 2 pistons/rods are stacked on top of each other they are perfect height for a coffee table! So I ended up welding the ends of the rods together, and am making a coffee table for my appt (my other 2 roomates are car guys as well).

So basically I'm looking to get my hands on a stock piston/rod so that I can complete the 4th leg... Anyone got one that they would be willing to part with for cheap? Damaged/dirty doesn't matter just looking for cheap way to complete the table (or any other cool ideas to complete the table!).

Thanks,

Dan

It turned out that when 2 pistons/rods are stacked on top of each other they are perfect height for a coffee table! So I ended up welding the ends of the rods together, and am making a coffee table for my appt (my other 2 roomates are car guys as well).

Thanks,

Dan
:worthlesswithoutpics:

Thanks,

Dan
:worthlesswithoutpics:
Thats what I was thinking I gotta see this to belive it!:huh:

Well my table won't be quite as cool (or heavy!) as that one. Still deciding what do do for a tabletop, but attached is a picture of the 3 legs that are completed so far...

I'd rather not buy a new piston/rod, as it will be used in a table I'm just looking to see if anyone has a spare used (junked one would be fine even) piston/rod that would be cheap/cost of shipping.

Any cool ideas for the top would be appreciated as well!

Table Legs.jpg

Looks good. Keep in mind that 3 legs, like a stool, is actually more stable than 4. I think it would be cool to look for the old 1960's kidney shaped glass tops. Maybe you could take some old camshafts and weld them into a "T" to attach the legs to?

Using camshafts had crossed my mind, and if I can locate some old used (cheap!) camshafts I'll definitely have to work them into it!

No I wouldn't want to use up any good camshafts (although if they were chevy that might be ok :) )

I found a couple on ebay for ~$5-$10 each, plus ~$15-$20 S&H. Might have to pull the trigger on those if I can't find any cheaper local (S&H is the killer there on a $5 item!).

I'll be sure to post pics as soon as I finish this thing!

Well, what do you guys think?

2jbw0bc.jpg

2u6i3o7.jpg

1zr2n94.jpg

zs36p.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Guys, my roommates and I are pretty happy with it too!

I had 7 pistons and rods (they were beat and a couple had hairline cracks) from a giant pile of 71 Mach 1 parts I picked up for $300. The cams were off Ebay, $10 each and another $15 for shipping. Glass was free from a buddy I stored my car at.

As for whats in the bottle - I'll never tell :p

Just kidding, its a growler of beer from our local brewery Middle Ages.

Well done !!:) That is cool as hell, nice work !!

Back