hello (status update)

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

chompz

Reaction score
My Car
mustang hardtop 71
hello everyone im from monterrey mexico and finally my dream came true. i just got a 71 hardtop mustang with the 351 cleveland. the car is in pretty good shape. but some parts of the engine are missing. now i m working to find those parts. but my first questions its that i m trying to rebuild this car the closest to the one coming out of the factory so i just want to know. do you know wich front grille correspond to my model?? and what about the gas cap.

regards

here are some pictures.

IMG_0781.JPGIMG_0782.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Last edited by a moderator:
well maybe i should change the question what i m trying to say its that is it possible that this model came with this grill HPIM0311.JPG

well maybe i should change the question what i m trying to say its that is it possible that this model came with this grill
The "short" answer is YES, your 1971 hardtop could have come with that "honeycomb" grille IF it was a "Sports Hardtop." The Sports Hardtop was "dressed up" and did have the honeycomb grille (like the one in your picture) which was usually found on the 1971 Mach 1 and Boss 351. The Sports Hardtop would have also had a color-keyed urethane bumper, a non-functional NASA (NACA) hood (like the one in your picture) Boss 351 side stripes, and the lower body side paint.

Again, as previously noted, the best way to determine how yours came from the "factory" is to order the Marti report.

BT

perfect. i think i got a clear idea now. thanks to everyone who has anwser this.

Welcome to the the site from Virginia! I agree, the grill goes with the hood you have, but invest in the Marti report if your going for a near stock resto.

Welcome from the ever changing weather state of Virginia. You will learn lots here, I have only been here about a week and have learned so much. Sweet ride wish mine was in that good of shape!

As Cobra has all ready stated your car could have had the honeycomb grill. Only a Marti report will document that. In all probability your car came with the standard coupe grill without the NASA hood - IF you want total originality. The Marti report will tell you.

Welcome. Glad to have you here with us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back