First glimpse of new paint (with pic)

Went by the paint and body shop today to drop off some parts and I got a glimpse of what the paint I picked out finally looks like on my hood. I am thrilled, it was just what I had envisioned! Now, I can't wait to see the rest of the car once it gets painted!

482E2E2A.jpg

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

me likey, is that an original hood? they did an excellent job on the matte black, unlike the guy that painted mine 9 years ago, i think he used spray paint! anyway, looks great!

2elxc7q.jpg

1_12_09_14_10_32_45.png

- Nik

Looks great! I like the original look of the Matt Black too!

Mike AKA Ole Pony & Rare Pony
Our current Mustang garage/driveway
1973 Mustang Convert - Bought in 1974 - Still have it!
2004 Mach 1 Oxford White Auto, Bought Sept 06

20180127_082009.jpg

me likey, is that an original hood? they did an excellent job on the matte black, unlike the guy that painted mine 9 years ago, i think he used spray paint! anyway, looks great!

2elxc7q.jpg

Thanks guys.

Yes, that is the original hood. Guess this answered my question I asked on my matte finish thread I posted a few days ago. Glad I went matte.

that looks great! Very nice job! Where's the shop located and what'd that cost if you don't mind disclosing the price?

I have a '73 convertible that needs paint and after it's done I need to get to work on my '73 CJ Mach I.

We're over in Houston, Tx and for a decent paint job at a good price it's worth trailering a car to a shop.

that looks great! Very nice job! Where's the shop located and what'd that cost if you don't mind disclosing the price?

I have a '73 convertible that needs paint and after it's done I need to get to work on my '73 CJ Mach I.

We're over in Houston, Tx and for a decent paint job at a good price it's worth trailering a car to a shop.

Hey Racer,

It is in my hometown, Baton Rouge, LA. Only about 4 hours away.

The shop is Collision Connection Restoration located on Cloverland Ave.

Do a google search or them in Baton Rouge and it will pop up with thir number.

The owner's name is Ed. Really good guy and knows his stuff.

As far as price, I am don't want to disclose what I am paying but I will tell you this. I am having body work done and a few other things and it is very very very affordable. I think you will be pleasantly pleased. He is a very affable and easy to talk to guy. Can't hurt to call him. Tell him Dave with the Mach 1 sent you.

that color is perfect!

http://www.7173mustangs.com/gallery/1_01_07_15_8_53_18.png

"I love my Hookers!" and "Get some Strange" probably have a different connotation to non automotive enthusiasts!

That looks great. Matte is the only way to go with yellow. The Matte looks spot on to me.

Sweet - can I trade you? :P

Vamach1 - 72 Sprint conv & 72 Mach1

Hey Racer,

It is in my hometown, Baton Rouge, LA. Only about 4 hours away.

The shop is Collision Connection Restoration located on Cloverland Ave.

Do a google search or them in Baton Rouge and it will pop up with thir number.

The owner's name is Ed. Really good guy and knows his stuff.

As far as price, I am don't want to disclose what I am paying but I will tell you this. I am having body work done and a few other things and it is very very very affordable. I think you will be pleasantly pleased. He is a very affable and easy to talk to guy. Can't hurt to call him. Tell him Dave with the Mach 1 sent you.

I'm very impressed with the hood! Looks great in every way. My car has the original paint and no rust anywhere but needs new paint. I may have to make that short drive to see Ed too! I'm looking forward to the finished product!

spacer.png

Looks good but what are the two holes for in the yellow? Look to far back to be hood pins.

Yup, hood pin holes.

Nice lookin color! Cant wait to see it all together!

1973 Mach 1 429 cu. in. H.P. TBD, C6 Reverse Manual Valve with 3500 Stall Tranny, 9" rear 3.90 PosiTrac

2007 Mustang GT Convertible Premium

I went yellow too and am just starting to put some parts back on. I was contemplating on weather to go gloss or Matte, but after seeing your hood, no question, I'm going matte. Looks amazing!

If you dont mind, what is the paint code or color of the yellow. I have a 73 that i have been kicking around between green or yellow to do. Looking at about a year and a half till i am ready for paint, and from what i see on your hood it is GREAT, hope mine turns out. Thank you for you time